- Top 5 most valuable Cleveland Browns (Forbes) - The NFL offseason is a time for self-reflection. In making trades, adding free agents and drafting rookies, NFL teams decide what types of players they value. With that in mind, let’s analyze what kind of value the Browns have on their current roster. Here is one writer’s rendition of the Browns’ five most valuable players.
- Damarious Randall Hints at New Destination in Cryptic Tweets (heavy.com) - While there have been some teams that have expressed reported interest in Damarious Randall, the outspoken safety has yet to find a home in free agency. But Randall has not been shy to express his feelings off the field, clashing with the coaching staff last year in Cleveland. He was mysteriously benched for a game late in the season against the Steelers and clashed with the medical staff early in the year about a concussion.
- How did free agency impact the draft? (clevelandbrowns.com) - The Browns Mailbag is back after a two-week hiatus, and we’ve got plenty to cover as we write this from the home office. We’re tackling five of your questions in this “welcome back” edition.
- Baker Mayfield killing his garage workouts (cleveland.com) - No one will accuse Baker Mayfield of sporting a dad bod during this coronavirus pandemic. The Browns’ QB has gone from being body-shamed on social media in January when he was photographed in a swimsuit in Antigua alongside Giants running back Saquon Barkley, Giants receiver Sterling Shepard and linebacker Alec Ogletree, to posting shirtless photos of himself working out in his garage during this shelter-in-place order.
- Could the Patriots do the unthinkable and tank? (The Guardian) - With Tom Brady gone, the Pats find themselves at a crossroads. Would they consider tanking in the hope of finding their next franchise quarterback?
- Chiefs re-signing DeMarcus Robinson (ESPN) - The Kansas City Chiefs are re-signing wide receiver DeMarcus Robinson to a one-year contract, a source confirmed to ESPN.
- Ravens set to sign defensive end Derek Wolfe to one-year deal (Baltimore Sun) - The Ravens and defensive end Derek Wolfe have agreed to a one-year deal, addressing a position of need one day after a deal fell through for the team’s top free-agent acquisition.