- Andrew Berry does not rule out Jadeveon Clowney signing with the Browns (Beacon Journal) - Browns General Manager Andrew Berry said little but did not rule out the Browns’ interest in free agent defensive end Jadeveon Clowney, who spent last season with the Seattle Seahawks.
- Browns GM vague in response to Clowney rumors (NFL.com) - The Cleveland Browns aren’t exactly in need of another well-paid edge rusher right now, but that hasn’t stopped the name of at least one from coming up around Northeast Ohio. Browns general manager Andrew Berry spoke with reporters Friday morning and was eventually forced to give an intentionally-vague-but-complimentary answer in regards to Jadeveon Clowney.
- “Tackles are tackles” - scribbling about Cleveland Browns and Andrew Berry’s press conference (Terry Pluto) - The Cleveland Browns need a left tackle. Some of the best tackles in the draft are mostly right tackles. To Browns GM Andrew Berry, that’s not a problem.
- The ultimate Cleveland Browns mock draft (SB Nation) - Time and time again, it hasn’t mattered who the Browns have drafted. But 2020 has several players tailor-made to the Cleveland Browns’ specification. And by that, I mean their last names are either Cleveland or Brown.
- Free agent Everson Griffen says 2018 incident changed his life (NFL.com) - When Everson Griffen entered treatment in September 2018, he wasn’t allowed to have a cell phone, but he brought a pass-rush dummy with him. Roughly a month later, Griffen rejoined the Vikings, saying little publicly about the incident and looking, if not always playing, like the same old No. 97.
- Drew Brees picks NBC over ESPN in ‘Monday Night Football’ setback (NY Post) - Drew Brees is signing with NBC Sports over ESPN in a move that will make him a fixture on NFL telecasts after he finishes playing, The Post has learned.
- NFL competition committee doesn’t endorse pass interference reviews, sky judge (ESPN) - The NFL competition committee has decided not to endorse a renewal of replay review for pass interference, according to a list of rule proposals released Friday by the league.
- Farewell to the XFL, the League That Was Better Than Expected (The Ringer) - The XFL suspended operations on Friday, seemingly bringing an end to the second act of Vince McMahon’s grand football experiment. But there was plenty in its short life that was worthy of celebration.