Linebacker will have to be addressed sooner than later in the draft. It would not be surprising to see Cleveland take two this year since the franchise ditched three veterans. All that is left are young guys, which none were drafted highly or even at all.
Malik Harrison should be available in the second-round with pick number 41. He is an intelligent player with good instincts to the ball with great strength. Another player who shined at the Senior Bowl and came from a tough conference. Competitively he is tough as nails and will lay players out. He is exceptional with the delayed blitz. Did not see the advanced progression from sophomore campaign to his junior season, but is a dynamic defender.
College: Ohio State
Weight: 246 pounds
Career Tackles: 205
Career Interceptions: 1
Career Sacks: 9
Career Tackles for Loss: 29
Career Starts: 42
- Second-highest-rated inside LB behind Kenneth Murray
- Reads open lanes well
- Played high competition in tough Big 10
- Every down player
- Quick with very good speed
- Able to shed blockers who have 20 pounds on him
- Very true tackler
- Durable with no discernible injuries
- Looks like a hitter and is with his stout frame
- 2019 First Team All-Big 10
- Will need to work on recognizing passing downs more quickly
- Is a bit slow on his first step recognizing run or pass
- Will take out blockers sometimes instead of trying to outmaneuver
- Adequate recovery skills
- Needs to process passing plays sooner
- Not very good in coverage
Expert Draft Site Analysis
His aggressive play style can get him burned at times. He will bite on play action fakes that will leave a vacated spot in the defense when he tries getting downhill too quickly. He doesn’t have the best instincts in coverage so getting him up to speed will be paramount for the defensive staff. Malik does provide some pass rush and blitzing from the linebacker spot. His physicality isn’t just limited to his tackling, Harrison does a good job of shedding blockers in the run and pass game. His length allows him to keep blockers at bay while he tries to get loose and make the play. Does well to navigate through traffic when pursuing the runner.
If Malik Harrison was available in the second round would you draft him?
This poll is closed