- NFL Network analyst sees four tackles worthy of being drafted in first 20 picks (Beacon Journal) - NFL Network draft analyst Daniel Jeremiah thinks the Browns will select Clemson linebacker/safety hybrid Isaiah Simmons in next week’s NFL Draft. But he’s also a realist when it comes to the team’s needs.
- Andrew Thomas is the perfect Cleveland Browns pick at No. 10 - so now let’s worry he’ll be gone (Doug Lesmerises) - We all agree we like Georgia tackle Andrew Thomas to the Browns at No. 10, right? At NFL.com at the moment, of the nine mock drafters, there are five different picks for the Browns: two each for tackles Thomas, Tristan Wirfs, Jedrick Wills and Mekhi Becton, and one for linebacker Isaiah Simmons. If four of those names are called with the Browns pick at No. 10 Thursday, some nervousness would accompany my reaction. Only Thomas would put me totally at ease.
- Trading Odell Beckham Jr. Never Made Sense For The Browns (Forbes) - Earlier this week, a report came out claiming that the Cleveland Browns and Minnesota Vikings had discussed a deal that would send Odell Beckham Jr. to the Vikings future a future second-round pick and a future fifth-round pick. That report, though, was vehemently shot down by Browns chief strategy officer Paul DePodesta on Thursday.
- Could Browns add even more talent to tight ends room? (clevelandbrowns.com) - The days are winding down until the 2020 NFL Draft. As we get oh so near to our final destination, we’ll be breaking down a position group that matters for the Browns when they’re on the clock with one of their seven picks. Our next stop is the tight ends, a position that was addressed in a big way during free agency.
- Bears release tight end Trey Burton (Chicago Tribune) - The Chicago Bears informed the veteran tight end Trey Burton on Friday afternoon that he will be released, evidence the Bears had little faith they could squeeze even a little production out of Burton or they’re simply ready to move on after signing Jimmy Graham in free agency.
- Broncos’ Von Miller on testing positive: ‘I was shocked’ (Yahoo Sports) - Denver Broncos linebacker Von Miller admitted he was stunned to learn that he tested positive for the coronavirus, especially since he maintains he was strict in his adherence to social distancing.
- Will Cam Newton or Marcus Mariota be this year’s Ryan Tannehill? (The Guardian) - Ryan Tannehill was last year’s feel-good story. Cam Newton and Marcus Mariota have a chance to take the crown whenever football season kicks off.
- Lions open to trading No. 3 pick in NFL draft, GM Bob Quinn says (ESPN) - Detroit Lions general manager Bob Quinn has started having conversations about potentially trading the No. 3 pick in next week’s NFL draft.