- Bill Callahan raves publicly, privately about Kevin Stefanski (Beacon Journal) - Bill Callahan is still getting to know Kevin Stefanski, but the early impressions the longtime NFL coach has gathered about the new leader of the Browns have been beyond strong.
- Getting a good feeling about Cleveland Browns, Bill Callahan and the draft (Terry Pluto) - Why were the Browns willing to take the risk of drafting right tackle Jedrick Wills Jr. and move him to left tackle in the NFL? A big part of the answer is Bill Callahan, the Browns’ new offensive line coach.
- Hue Jackson wasn’t aware of any Russell Wilson-Browns trade talks (New York Post) - It seems like every day, new stories of the Cleveland Browns’ dysfunction leak out – even from bygone eras. Before the Seattle Seahawks made Russell Wilson the NFL’s highest paid player, they entertained the idea of trading him to the Browns, according to Pro Football Talk. But Hue Jackson – Cleveland’s beleaguered head coach who was fired halfway through the 2018 season – had no idea it was even a possibility.
- No. 1 overall draft picks of the 2010s ranked: Myles Garrett 3rd (NFL.com) - The Bengals’ selection of Joe Burrow with the first overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft kicked off a new decade of pick analysis, draft grades and prognostications. But before we flip the page onto the next generation of top guys, I thought it’d be fun to look back at each of the No. 1 overall selections of the past decade to see how well they stack up against one another.
- Redskins receiver Cody Latimer arrested on assault and weapons charges (Washington Post) - Washington Redskins wide receiver Cody Latimer was charged with second-degree assault, menacing and illegal discharge of a firearm after he was arrested early Saturday morning in a Denver suburb.
- DeAndre Baker, Quinton Dunbar turn themselves in on armed robbery charges in Florida (CBS Sports) - Earlier this week, warrants were issued for the arrests of New York Giants cornerback DeAndre Baker and Seattle Seahawks cornerback Quinton Dunbar by the Miramar, Florida police department. Baker was charged with four counts of armed robbery with a firearm and four counts of aggravated assault with a firearm while Dunbar was been charged with four counts of armed robbery.
- How Marshal Yanda lost 60 pounds in three months (ESPN) - On Jan. 12, Marshal Yanda sat at home, feeling more frustrated and ticked off than he’d ever been. It was a day after the Baltimore Ravens’ shocking loss to the Tennessee Titans in the divisional round of the playoffs. The most successful and — as Yanda views it — fun season of his 13-year NFL career came to a crashing halt. While many of his teammates took solace in making another championship run with quarterback Lamar Jackson, Yanda knew he likely would never snap on a helmet again.
- Phyllis George, former Kentucky first lady and a pioneer in sports broadcasting, dies (Lexington Herald Leader) - Phyllis George, who used her celebrity status as Miss America 1971 and her pioneering experience for women in sportscasting to help John Y. Brown Jr. win Kentucky’s 1979 race for governor, died Thursday at the University of Kentucky Medical Center of a blood disorder, the former governor said Saturday. She was 70.