- Cleveland Browns 2018 draft class will be put on the spot in 2020 (Terry Pluto) - While listening to head coach Kevin Stefanski and general manager Andrew Berry before and after last weekend’s draft, I thought back to the 2018 draft.
- The 15 numbers that matter with the Browns’ 2020 draft class (clevelandbrowns.com) - There’s been plenty written about the Browns’ seven draft picks during their first week on the roster. Now, we’re taking a numerical approach to their introduction to Browns fans. Here are the 15 numbers that matter most when it comes to the team’s seven newest players.
- It is time to buy stock in the Browns offense (again) (NY Daily News) - For the second year in a row, the Cleveland Browns have one of the most talented offenses in the league. The onus is all on quarterback Baker Mayfield and first year head coach Kevin Stefanski to guide the offense to its sky high potential.
- Baker Mayfield has what he needs now, so he needs to show he’s up to the job (Browns Zone) - The biggest winner in the NFL Draft? That’s easy. Baker Mayfield.
- Charles Harris is cautionary tale to Dolphins’ draft hopes (Sun Sentinel) - It’s all fine and dandy for the Miami Dolphins to trade Charles Harris to the Atlanta Falcons for a measly seventh-round pick — considering he did so little in three years and wasn’t even playing by last December. But the news isn’t something to simply shrug your shoulders over and sweep out of your mind, considering the larger context of how this trade arrived. Sorry. It doesn’t work that way.
- How coronavirus precautions hurt these eight NFL draft prospects (ESPN) - There was a lot to like about the 2020 NFL draft, a virtual production that saw the league’s top decision-makers surrounded by children and dogs while they worked from their homes. But the process wasn’t kind to every prospect, particularly those recovering from injuries. Without pre-draft visits to team facilities, a medical recheck in Indianapolis in the weeks following the scouting combine or a pro day to show their health, many players waited longer than they expected to be selected.
- 49ers decline fifth-year option on DL Solomon Thomas (NFL.com) - The San Francisco 49ers have declined to pick up the fifth-year option on 2017 third-overall pick Solomon Thomas, NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero reported.
- Alex Smith’s near-death story might change how fans think about NFL players (Yahoo Sports) - Details of the “Project 11” documentary showing on ESPN on Friday night have been trickling out over the week. On Friday, a post by Alex Smith’s wife Elizabeth offered details about Smith’s injury and recovery that hadn’t been revealed before. The story was equally gruesome and frightening.