- Would Baker Mayfield being in 2020 MVP contention be a major surprise? (Dawg Pound Daily) - Cleveland Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield could be in for a make-or-break season in 2020, but he has the surroundings to be a surprise MVP candidate.
- Pete Prisco on Cleveland Browns Daily: Browns ‘got the right guy’ in Kevin Stefanski (clevelandbrowns.com) - Longtime CBS NFL analyst Pete Prisco joined Cleveland Browns Daily on Thursday to talk about his Top 100 players in the NFL list that debuted this week, as well as a spirited discussion on the Browns.
- Myles Garrett as the Dark Knight (Maven) - A young man having a bad day needed to get his phone replaced only to find he didn’t have the money. Feeling defeated, he was surprised to find Myles Garrett there, volunteering to pay off the balance and give him a break. In response to a tweet about a Browns fan’s family who lost everything in a house fire as they had just welcomed a new baby into the world, Garrett drove three and a half hours to show up and surprise the family, gifts in hand.
- Devonta Freeman willing to sit out 2020 season over contract desires (NFL.com) - Devonta Freeman recently passed on a deal with the Seattle Seahawks. He could be passing on the 2020 season altogether. NFL Network’s Michael Silver reported the free-agent running back is prepared to sit out this year “if his number isn’t met.”
- Lions’ rookie could be first to go from AFL to NCAA to NFL (ESPN) - It started with a fall in 2014. The grass was wet, and Arryn Siposs lost his footing in the middle of a drill during a preseason December practice with the St Kilda Football Club. He placed his left hand down to brace his impact. When he did, the entire trajectory of his career changed.
- Ranking the situations for the NFL’s 2020 rookie wide receivers (PFF) - More so than any other position, the wide receiver role makes it obvious how dependent their performance is on the players around them — the most important one of those being the quarterback. If you aren’t matched up with a high-volume passing offense or a talented quarterback, it’s simply far more difficult to put up numbers at the position.
- To Beat Tecmo Bowl: One Man’s Modest Quarantine Quest (si.com) - Before there was Madden, Nintendo had the ultimate NFL simulation. Stuck inside for the past couple weeks, our writer found a bootleg website and launched a goal to conquer the game—with a little help from a Tecmo Bowl expert and a new-found video-game legend.