- Baker Mayfield impressed with coach Kevin Stefanski during unconventional offseason program (Beacon Journal) - The NFL routine has been disrupted, their getting-to-know-you phase relegated to Zoom conferences because of the COVID-19 pandemic. But new Browns coach Kevin Stefanski has made a strong impression on quarterback Baker Mayfield during the first month of the virtual offseason program that began April 13.
- Browns 2020 schedule power rankings (cleveland.com) - We know the who, where and when of the Browns’ schedule. If everything goes off as planned, they will open their season in Baltimore on Sept. 13 followed four days later by the home opener against the Bengals. Which games are the best games? Here’s a look at the schedule, power-ranking style:
- Jersey numbers for 2020 draft class, free agents (clevelandbrowns.com) - Jedrick Wills Jr., the Browns’ top pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, will begin his NFL career with a new number.
- These 6 games will make or break the Browns 2020 season (Browns Wire) - The NFL has released the 2020 schedules and with all that is going on in the world, anticipation is at an all-time high. The Cleveland Browns are entering the season with a ton to prove with yet another new coaching staff trying to find their way to success and this schedule provides us a road map on how it’s possible. Here are the most important games on the slate.
- Saints terminate contract of guard Larry Warford (neworleanssaints.com) - The New Orleans Saints have terminated the contract of guard Larry Warford, it was announced by Executive Vice President/General Manager Mickey Loomis.
- Philip Rivers to coach Alabama high school after NFL days end (ESPN) - Indianapolis Colts quarterback Philip Rivers was named the head football coach at St. Michael Catholic High School on Friday, the school announced. Rivers, though, won’t officially take over as head coach of the Fairhope, Alabama, school until he retires from the NFL. The quarterback, who is heading into his 17th season, signed a one-year, $25 million deal with the Colts in March.
- Jaguars to sign journeyman QB Mike Glennon as backup (AP) - The Jacksonville Jaguars have agreed to terms with journeyman quarterback Mike Glennon, giving them a veteran backup behind Gardner Minshew.