- Myles Garrett participates in Von Miller’s virtual pass rush summit (Beacon Journal) - Browns defensive end Myles Garrett has long admired the game of Von Miller, and the two Texas A&M University products talked tricks of the trade Thursday night with other NFL pass rushers. Garrett is among the players who participated in Miller’s fourth annual Pass Rush Summit.
- Kevin Stefanski says virtual offseason ‘exceeded our expectations (clevelandbrowns.com) - Kevin Stefanski was not sure of what to expect from his first offseason as a head coach, especially when he began facing the unique circumstances of COVID-19. However, Stefanski could not have been happier with how the team’s virtual offseason turned out.
- Could Baker Mayfield vs. Joe Burrow be as good as these NFL quarterback rivalries from the last 20 years? (cleveland.com) - The AFC North could be home to a potentially exciting quarterback rivalry between fellow No. 1 draft picks Baker Mayfield of the Browns and Joe Burrow of the Bengals. Mayfield still has promise despite a disappointing second season, and Burrow comes to the NFL fresh off the best season ever by a college quarterback.
- Browns hoping new faces bolster defense (ESPN) - The Cleveland Browns’ problems on offense last year overshadowed their underwhelming and underachieving defense. They wound up finishing 23rd in the NFL in defensive efficiency, three spots lower in the rankings than their offense. In turn, Cleveland’s new regime was busy this offseason, making upgrades on the margins to buttress a young core while using all three of its Day 2 draft picks on defense, as well.
- Antonio Brown’s fit with the Seahawks (NFL.com) - If you’re surprised by the Seattle Seahawks’ interest in Antonio Brown, you haven’t been paying close attention to how Pete Carroll and Co. have built a perennial contender in the Pacific Northwest. The Super Bowl-winning head coach isn’t afraid to take on ultra-talented players with troubled backgrounds if they are hardworking, competitive and willing to buy into a team-first attitude.
- Top draft picks Javon Kinlaw and Brandon Aiyuk have signed their contracts with the 49ers (The Mercury News) - First-round draft picks Javon Kinlaw and Brandon Aiyuk signed their 49ers’ contract Friday. Once Kinlaw penned his, it was time to give thanks. And to do that, he took to Instagram. He captioned a picture of him holding a contract in his lap and hoisting the No. 1 sign with a pen in his right hand, all while casually sitting in sweats on the back hatch of a white, sports-utility vehicle.
- Tom Brady’s group workouts pose a risk for players throughout the NFL amid coronavirus spike (USA Today) - Tom Brady might just ruin it for everybody. Brady continues to flout the NFL Players Association’s recommendation against group workouts, hosting Camp Brady for his new Tampa Bay Buccaneers teammates in a state where COVID-19 cases continue to spike. That this puts everyone at those workouts at risk is a given.