- The Browns should trade for Jaguars DE Yannick Ngakoue (cleveland.com) - In the wake of the Seahawks’ blockbuster trade for disgruntled Jets safety Jamal Adams, the Browns should try to swing a deal for Jaguars defensive end Yannick Ngakoue, who’s also asked to be traded.
- Who are the biggest ‘sleeper’ candidates on this year’s team? (clevelandbrowns.com) - Does Chad Thomas have potential for a breakout season? There may be some similarities of Chad Thomas to Yannick Ngakoue and it would be a good sign for the team to develop its young players.
- Former Browns WR Ricardo Louis won’t make comeback with Miami Dolphins (al.com) - Former Auburn wide receiver Ricardo Louis missed the previous two NFL seasons because of injuries, and his opportunity to play in the 2020 campaign has hit a setback associated with the coronavirus pandemic. The Miami Dolphins released Louis on Saturday, the NFL team announced.
- 3 Browns most affected by no preseason games (DPD) - Let’s take a look at several Browns who could struggle when the season begins as a result of losing four preseason games.
- Jets trading disgruntled Jamal Adams to Seahawks (NY Post) - Jamal Adams got his wish. The Jets agreed to trade the disgruntled safety and a 2022 fourth-round pick to the Seahawks, according to a source, in exchange for a 2021 first-round pick, 2022 first-round pick, 2021 third-round pick and safety Bradley McDougald.
- Chiefs Laurent Duvernay-Tardif always knew he’d choose between football and medicine (ESPN) - Laurent Duvernay-Tardif skillfully juggled his demanding duties as a professional football player with those of being a medical student and then a doctor during his six seasons with the Kansas City Chiefs. Somewhere in the back of his mind, though, Duvernay-Tardif knew his life with dual professions wouldn’t last.
- Drew Lock looks to be lucky No. 7 starter for Broncos (NFL.com) - Since Peyton Manning’s departure following Denver’s Super Bowl 50 victory, the Broncos’ search for another franchise quarterback has been an ongoing struggle and is now on its seventh starting quarterback: Drew Lock.
- Remembering the Unlikely Start and Abrupt End of Donald Igwebuike’s Football Career (si.com) - Donald Igwekuike converted from soccer in Nigeria to football in America, won a national title at Clemson and made it to the NFL. Then an improbable mix-up cut his career short.