- What went wrong for Baker Mayfield and can he be fixed? (Bill Barnwell) - You could argue that no player and team came into the 2019 season with more hype behind them than Baker Mayfield and his Cleveland Browns. The qualities that seemed like pluses for Mayfield in 2018 became liabilities in 2019. Let’s evaluate what went wrong for Mayfield during a wildly disappointing 2019 campaign.
- How can the Browns offense effectively use all of its weapons? (The Draft Network) - There is no shortage of options for (head coach Kevin) Stefanski to mold his offensive arsenal this summer. The question now is how to prioritize those options with just one ball to go around.
- Tight end David Njoku requests a trade (The Beacon Journal) - On Friday, tight end David Njoku requested the Browns trade him, agent Drew Rosenhaus told ESPN. “It is in David’s best interest to find a new team at this time,” Rosenhaus told the network’s Adam Schefter.
- When Lewis Hamilton showed Odell Beckham Jr. his car collection (Essentially Sports) - Before the Monaco Grand Prix in 2019, Lewis Hamilton and Odell Beckham Jr. went on a tour of the streets of Monaco. Hamilton tweeted a video of the duo driving around Monte Carlo on Wednesday as a throwback to the good time they had. Odell, of course, retweeted this.
- Washington Redskins move toward changing controversial team name (Washington Post) - The Washington Redskins moved Friday toward what team owner Daniel Snyder once vowed was unthinkable: changing its controversial name in a bow to pressure from its largest corporate sponsors and the fierce winds of societal reckoning sweeping the country.
- NFLPA votes to play no preseason games in 2020 (NFL.com) - NFLPA membership voted on a conference call this week in favor of not playing any preseason games ahead of the 2020 season, NFL Network’s Mike Garafolo reported Friday.
- Packers advise season ticket holders to prepare for fewer or no fans at Lambeau Field for 2020 (Green Bay Press Gazette) - The Green Bay Packers will play before significantly fewer fans at Lambeau Field this year, and possibly in front of none at all. The Packers are telling season ticket holders to prepare for a football season unlike any the NFL has experienced because of the coronavirus pandemic.
- Is this Sam Darnold’s last chance? (ESPN) - If you were crafting a quarterback prospect from scratch, you would likely end up with something close to Sam Darnold. Evaluating Darnold after two seasons requires an elaborate system of caveats and justifications.