After an off day on Wednesday, the Browns were back to the practice field for Thursday.
Cleveland Browns Training Camp Report - Day 11 (8/27/20)
1. Half Practice for Social Justice: We have seen NBA and MLB games postponed in the name of social justice. Prior to practice today, the Cleveland Browns discussed what they would do. Prior to practice, DE Myles Garrett spoke with the media and revealed that while other teams cancelled practice entirely, the Browns decided to just cut their practice in half to use the rest of the time to talk about how they can make a bigger impact on social justice. Practice started at 2:40 PM.
Myles Garrett says the Browns will practice today, but only for an hour. The second hour will move inside, where the team will brainstorm on how they can make an even bigger impact on social justice in the area.— Andrew Gribble (@Andrew_Gribble) August 27, 2020
2. Five Players Return from Injury: After a day off, the Browns saw five players return to practice on Thursday in some capacity. On offense, WR Damion Ratley (groin) practiced for the first time since the start of camp, and TE David Njoku (wrist) took part in individual drills. Returning on defense were CB Terrance Mitchell (knee), LB Tae Davis (illness), and DE Chad Thomas (neck).
3. Drill of the Day: I love seeing this drill every year, where the receivers get more visual cues of where to run their routes and make their cuts. In the clip below, you can see WR Rashard Higgins, WR Jarvis Landry, and WR Odell Beckham Jr. taking reps.
#Browns Rashard Higgins (82, not 81), Jarvis Landry and OBJ pic.twitter.com/d0nhctWnB6— Fred Greetham (@FredGreetham) August 27, 2020
4. Tipped and Picked: Early in practice, QB Baker Mayfield tried to throw downfield off of a playaction pass, but DT Eli Ankou got his hand up to tip the pass, leading to an interception by LB Sione Takitaki. When players don’t have the preseason to make these type of highlight plays, every rep in practice counts.
Eli Ankou tips a pass by Baker Mayfield and Sione Takitaki gets the interception off play-action. #Browns pic.twitter.com/inDMD23Vfb— Jeff Schudel (@jsproinsider) August 27, 2020
5. Rookie With the Big Catch: Also in team drills, QB Case Keenum connected on a deep ball with WR Donovan Peoples-Jones. Peoples-Jones talked with trainers on the sideline toward the end of practice and went into the facility early. However, he was not listed on the post-practice injury report.
6. Seibert Ends Practice Good from 50+: It was another good day of kicking from K Austin Seibert, who connected from beyond 50 yards to end practice. Seibert was 7-of-8 on his field goals.
#Browns K Austin Seibert ends practice with a 50 plus yard kick to finish 7 of 8 with Jimmy Haslam looking on. pic.twitter.com/jxFCYFwIo2— Fred Greetham (@FredGreetham) August 27, 2020
7. Practice at FirstEnergy Stadium: Although fans won’t be allowed in, the Browns will practice at FirstEnergy Stadium on Sunday at 1:25 PM.
8. Brownies: S Sheldrick Redwine saw some first-team reps. ... DE Adrian Clayborn (groin) remained out. ... LB B.J. Goodson and TE Pharoah Brown had a bit of a scuffle during practice. ... TE Austin Hooper seemed a little banged up early in practice, but ended up continuing fine. ... CB Greedy Williams (shoulder) and CB M.J. Stewart (hamstring) remained out. ... QB Baker Mayfield connected with WR Rashard Higgins for two red zone touchdowns (video of one). ... A total of 68 puppies have been adopted via the Browns Puppy Pound this year.
9. Next Up: The Browns will practice Friday at 2:25 PM.