The Cleveland Browns play their home opener tonight against the Cleveland Browns. Here are some nuggets about the matchup, as well as how you can watch or listen to the game.
- Game Time/Date: Thursday, September 17, 2020 at 8:20 p.m. ET
- Location: FirstEnergy Stadium, Cleveland, OH
- TV Channel: NFL Network - Joe Buck (play-by-play) & Troy Aikman (analyst). Locally, the game will be on WEWS-Channel 5.
- Streaming Coverage: Sign up for fuboTV
- Local Radio: 92.3 The Fan (WKRK-FM), ESPN 850 WKNR, WNCX (98.5 FM) with Jim Donovan, Doug Dieken, Nathan Zegura (sidelines)
- Weather: 63 degrees (feels like 62 degrees) with a 0% chance or rain. 11 MPH winds from the Northeast.
- Odds: Browns by 6
- Over/under: 43.5
TV Distribution Map
Fans in the ORANGE areas below will get to watch the Battle of Ohio on the NFL Network.
- Pro Football Hall of Fame coach Paul Brown was the Browns’ first head coach and general manager. Brown coached the Browns from 1942-62, before later founding the Cincinnati Bengals and becoming the Bengals’ first head coach and general manager. Brown coached the Bengals from 1968-75.
- Bengals DL coach Nick Eason served as a coaching intern for the Browns in 2013. Eason also played for the Browns from 2004-06.
- Browns offensive coordinator Alex Van Pelt served as the Bengals QBs coach from 2018-19.
- Browns senior football advisor Ryan Grigson was drafted by the Cincinnati Bengals in the sixth round of the 1995 NFL Draft.
- The Browns have an 42-51 all-time record against the Bengals.
- The last time these two teams met was December 29, 2019, when the Bengals defeated the Browns 33-23 in Cleveland. Cleveland jumped out to a 7-0 lead, but the Bengals scored three consecutive touchdowns to go up 21-7. The Browns cut the deficit heading into halftime, but the Bengals continued scoring in the second half to put the game away. Baker Mayfield threw for 3 touchdown passes, but also had 3 interceptions.