- Browns could have rushed for 300 or 400 yards against Bengals (Beacon Journal) - With the way the offensive line and running backs Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt were working in tandem Thursday night, fullback Andy Janovich said the Browns’ single-game rushing record should have been within reach.
- This was when Odell Beckham started to help the Cleveland Browns win (cleveland.com) -Now. The answer was now. After Sunday’s Week 1 loss at Baltimore, I asked the questions in a headline, “When is Odell Beckham actually going to help the Cleveland Browns win?” Since he answered it, we have to answer it.
- Myles Garrett’s critical strip-sack biggest bright spot for defense that struggled to get off field (Browns Zone) - The defense gave up 30 points for the second straight game to open the season, this time to a rookie quarterback. But coach Kevin Stefanski saw a surge in positives from the unit Thursday night in the 35-30 win over the Bengals. The strip-sack from defensive end Myles Garrett topped the list.
.@diannaESPN says that the possibility of the Browns trading OBJ has "not been taken off the table."— Get Up (@GetUpESPN) September 18, 2020
"During the offseason there were definitely serious conversations in the organization about perhaps looking at the option of trading Odell Beckham Jr." pic.twitter.com/fGaxM5RZ7T
- Why the Odell Beckham trade whispers will never end (NY Post) - Odell Beckham Jr. could still be on the trading block for the Browns. In spite of a bounce-back performance on Thursday night against the Bengals, ESPN’s Dianna Russini reported on Friday that a trade is not “off the table” for the former Giants receiver.
- Rams’ Robert Woods agrees to four-year extension with $32 million guaranteed (LA Times) - After the Rams completed their final practice for Sunday’s game against the Philadelphia Eagles, coach Sean McVay was asked Friday if there was an update on contract extension negotiations with receiver Robert Woods. About an hour later, the Rams announced they had agreed to terms with Woods on a four-year extension. Terms were not disclosed but the deal could be worth as much as $68 million, with $32 million guaranteed, a person with knowledge of the situation said.
- C.J. Uzomah’s injury: ‘It’s a killer’ (al.com) - The Cincinnati Bengals placed C.J. Uzomah on injured reserve on Friday, fulfilling the worst-case scenario presented when the Auburn tight end was carted off the field during Thursday night’s 35-30 loss to the Cleveland Browns.
- Week 2 injury report for Sunday’s slate of NFL action (NFL.com) - Week 2 of the 2020 season is upon us. Here is a full tally of the official injury report and gameday designations for all 14 games.
- Joe Burrow Is a Great Story. Will He Become a Great NFL Quarterback? (The Ringer) - The top pick has shown plenty of fight in his first two games, but hasn’t shown the ability (or willingness) to make all the throws. Can the Bengals’ rookie quarterback channel some of his LSU magic?