- Impressive and inspirational: Larry Ogunjobi off to great start (Browns Zone) - Larry Ogunjobi is relentless. The defensive tackle started a new training program in the offseason and worked it from January until two days before he reported to training camp in July, undeterred by obstacles presented by the coronavirus pandemic.
- Washington-Browns will be first NFL game with female coaches on both sidelines, female official on field (NFL.com) - Women will be making NFL history this Sunday in Cleveland. When the Washington Football Team and the Cleveland Browns take the field in Week 3, it will mark the first regular-season game in NFL history that features female coaches on opposing sidelines and a female official on the field.
- Browns offensive line facing a juggernaut in defensive counterparts (Beacon Journal) - The Browns last faced a beast of a defensive line similar to the Washington Football Team when the San Francisco’s line steam rolled them last season. They’re starting at another come Sunday.
- Myles Garrett hopes to outshine Washington’s Chase Young (cleveland.com) - Myles Garrett is already chasing a Young edge-rusher for NFL Defensive Player of the Year, but he plans to outshine the Washington rookie on Sunday.
- Trading notes: Inside McLaurin’s workout with Beckham (The Washington Times) - Weeks before training camp began, Terry McLaurin traveled to Los Angeles for a few days to work out with Dwayne Haskins. The Washington Football Team’s starting quarterback had practiced with his star wide receiver throughout the offseason, often on high school fields in Virginia. Los Angeles was a whole different dynamic, though, and largely because of one of the other players Haskins had invited to join them: Odell Beckham Jr.
- Saints receiver Michael Thomas ruled out for the second straight week (nola.com) - The New Orleans Saints will once again have to give it a go without Michael Thomas. The Saints star receiver will miss his second consecutive game with an ankle injury, as the team listed him as out on Friday’s injury report.
- Nick Mullens to replace injured Jimmy Garoppolo as 49ers starting QB (AP) - Nick Mullens will start at quarterback on Sunday for the San Francisco 49ers in place of the injured Jimmy Garoppolo but won’t have All-Pro tight end George Kittle as an option.
- Ryan Fitzpatrick enters record book in leading Dolphins over Jaguars (ESPN) - It doesn’t matter what jersey Ryan Fitzpatrick wears when he plays the Jacksonville Jaguars. Take your pick of a half-dozen different team uniforms. All of them have led to one result: victory.