- Observations from the final dress rehearsal of the preseason (clevelandbrowns.com) - The Browns ran out of the tunnel. The coaches wore their gameday attire and donned head sets. Scoreboard graphics, popular music and the hum of crowd noise filled FirstEnergy Stadium on a perfect Friday night by the lake. It was almost the real thing, and that was the point. This was one of the last steps before the regular season kicks off next Sunday when the Browns take on the Ravens to open the 2020 season.
- How new regime’s biggest free-agent investment Jack Conklin is fitting with Browns (Beacon Journal) - Jack Conklin and Myles Garrett stood together off to the side and had a lengthy conversation during a field goal drill late in the penultimate training camp practice. When injuries or pitch counts didn’t interfere, Conklin, at right offensive tackle, and Garrett, at left defensive end, faced each other a decent amount in Browns training camp, which ended last weekend. So Conklin has been picking Garrett’s brain about pass-blocking techniques and other areas of his game he hopes to improve.
- Ronnie Harrison: Cleveland, I’m ready to get to work (cleveland.com) - Safety Ronnie Harrison was a little shocked when he first heard the Jaguars were trading him to the Browns on Thursday, but he quickly got excited. “Thank you Jacksonville,’’ he posted on Instagram Friday. “It’s been a great two years and I am very thankful for the Jaguars organization, and the city of Jacksonville. However, Cleveland … I’m ready to get to work.’’
- Browns sign Brady Aiello (Browns Wire) - While many teams are shedding veterans off rosters in advance of Saturday’s roster deadline, the Cleveland Browns continue to add youth. The Browns have signed rookie offensive tackle Brady Aiello on Friday morning.
- Raiders release Damarious Randall (ESPN) - The Las Vegas Raiders have parted ways with veteran safety Damarious Randall, five months after signing him to a one-year, $1.5 million fully guaranteed contract, in a move that continues a youth movement in their secondary.
- Adrian Peterson landing spots after Washington release (CBS Sports) - Adrian Peterson is a free agent once again as the Washington Football Team released the future Hall of Fame running back Friday. Peterson’s time with Washington appeared to be coming to a close once the emergence of Bryce Love and Antonio Gibson was evident in training camp, leading to a diminished role for the 35-year-old running back.
- Arizona Cardinals release second-year WR Hakeem Butler (azcentral.com) - The Cardinals have released four players, including wide receiver Hakeem Butler, their fourth-round pick a year ago out of Iowa State.
- Randy Gregory Conditionally Reinstated; Next Steps? (dallascowboys.com) - After an indefinite league suspension spanning over 18 months, Randy Gregory has been conditionally reinstated once again, the NFL announced Friday. Through a league statement, NFL Media reports that Gregory “will first participate in an acclimation period to help facilitate his return to football before being able to practice and be eligible to play in games.”