The Cleveland Browns signed running back John Kelly to the practice squad on Wednesday.
The signing of Kelly brings the practice squad to the league maximum of 16 players.
He spent training camp this summer with the Rams, but was released on Friday as Los Angeles opted to go into the season with Malcolm Brown, Darrell Henderson Jr., and rookies Cam Akers and Xavier Jones at the running back position.
During his three-year collegiate career at Tennessee, Kelly rushed for 1,573 yards and 15 touchdowns, while adding 43 receptions for 350 yards.
In addition to Kelly, Cleveland’s practice squad includes:
- Garrett Gilbert, quarterback
- Dontrell Hilliard, running back
- Benny LeMay, running back
- Johnny Stanton, fullback
- Ja’Marcus Bradley, wide receiver
- Taywan Taylor, wide receiver
- Brady Aiello, offensive tackle
- Greg Senat , offensive tackle
- Michael Dunn, offensive guard
- Montrel Meander, linebacker
- A.J. Green, cornerback
- Robert Jackson, cornerback
- Elijah Benton, safety
- Jovante Moffatt, safety
- Cody Parkey, kicker