- The Browns’ rushing success starts with Stump Mitchell (The Undefeated) - It’ll take the Cleveland Browns being the greatest version of themselves on Sunday to beat the defending Super Bowl champion Kansas City Chiefs on the road in a divisional-round matchup. The greatest version of the Browns likely means a big game from the Stump Mitchell-coached running back tandem of Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt, who present one of the most dangerous rushing duos in the NFL.
- Scottish accents, pranks and humor: Unflappable Kevin Stefanski perfect fit for Browns (ESPN) - In almost every way, Kevin Stefanski defies the caricature of the old-school NFL head coach. He never played in the league and attended an Ivy League school. He despises talking about himself, yet lights up when asked about his assistants. He almost never loses his cool, underscored by a subtle tendency on the headset to defuse a game’s tensest moments with his dry sense of a humor.
- Andrew Berry very pleased with QB Baker Mayfield: ‘He’s grown up before our eyes’ (Beacon Journal) - Baker Mayfield has restored his franchise-quarterback appearance with strong performances in the second half of the 2020 season and the Browns’ first playoff win since Jan. 1, 1995. General Manager Andrew Berry knows this better than just about anyone and acknowledged it Friday, even though he didn’t want to discuss any plans for how the Browns will handle Mayfield’s contract situation in the coming offseason.
- Myles Garrett plans to ‘leave an impression’ on Patrick Mahomes (cleveland.com) - Myles Garrett called his shot heading into the biggest game of his life, predicting he’ll have a huge divisional playoff game against reigning Super Bowl MVP Patrick Mahomes.
- Urban Meyer and the Jaguars Take a Giant Leap Into the Unknown (The Ringer) - Meyer’s hire in Jacksonville has the ultimate boom-bust potential. Can he succeed in the NFL, a league in which so many other college coaches have failed?
- Jets hire Robert Saleh of the 49ers as head coach (New York Times) - Robert Saleh, believed to be the first Muslim Arab American head coach in the NFL, will take over the franchise with the league’s longest current postseason drought.
- Falcons agree to terms with Arthur Smith to become head coach (ajc.com) - Tennessee Titans offensive coordinator Arthur Smith agreed to terms to become their new head coach of the Atlanta Falcons on Friday, the team announced. Smith, who has no NFL head coaching experience and has been a coordinator for only two seasons, completed his virtual interview for the head coaching position with the Falcons on Monday.
- Josh Gordon suspended indefinitely after NFL rescinds conditional reinstatement (NFL.com) - Josh Gordon has been suspended, again. The Seahawks wide receiver had his conditional reinstatement rescinded and he is now suspended indefinitely, NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero reported Friday.