- Why the Browns could hold off on Baker Mayfield’s contract extension this summer (cleveland.com) - Baker Mayfield proved to the Browns down the stretch that he’s their QB of the future, but it doesn’t mean they’ll rush out and sign him to the blockbuster contract extension he’s eligible for this offseason.
- No fines for Daniel Sorensen’s hit on Rashard Higgins or Mack Wilson’s hit on Patrick Mahomes (Beacon Journal) - Two hits from the Browns’ 22-17 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs last week in the divisional round of the playoffs became hot topics. Yet it was revealed Saturday that neither resulted in a fine.
- Myles Garrett, Joel Bitonio named to Sporting News’ All-Pro Team (clevelandbrowns.com) - The honors keep rolling in for Myles Garrett and Joel Bitonio. Garrett and Bitonio on Thursday were named to Sporting News’ All-Pro Team, serving as the latest recognition for two of the Browns’ top-performing players throughout the 2020 season.
- Matthew Stafford Era in Detroit likely over as star QB requests trade (NFL.com) - The Matthew Stafford era in Detroit appears to be coming to an end. After meetings in recent weeks in which Stafford expressed a desire for a fresh start, the Lions understood his position and plan to begin discussing trade options in the coming weeks for their star quarterback, per sources.
- NFL sends memo detailing pre-Draft rules regarding draft-eligible players (NFL.com) - In a memo obtained by NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero, the NFL informed clubs Friday of a slew of new pre-2021 NFL Draft rules relating to hosting and interacting with draft-eligible players. All teams are prohibited from timing, testing, interviewing in-person or giving medical exams to any draft prospect outside of a school’s pro day or an all-star game because of ongoing concerns surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, Pelissero noted.
- Miami Dolphins hiring QB coach Charlie Frye (ESPN) - The Miami Dolphins continued their offseason pursuit to build around quarterback Tua Tagovailoa as they hired Central Michigan offensive coordinator Charlie Frye as their new QB coach Saturday.
- Is the pressure on Tom Brady ... or Aaron Rodgers? (tampabay.com) - The Packers quarterback has one Super Bowl win, 10 years ago, and is running out of chances.