- Why the Browns will likely let Larry Ogunjobi hit free agency (cleveland.com) - The Browns will likely let defensive tackle Larry Ogunjobi hit the free agent market in March like they did with linebacker Joe Schobert last year, and once that happens, there’s a good chance he’ll be gone. The Browns would like to have Ogunjobi and many other players back at the right price, but they probably won’t want to pay him what he can get on the open market.
- 2020 Defined the Tenets of the Browns (clevelandbrowns.com) - It was an unforgettable season that forged a new team culture. 2021 opens a new chapter as the Browns celebrate their 75th anniversary.
- NFL COVID opt-outs like the Browns’ Malcolm Pridgeon grapple with a season that wasn’t (ESPN) - The Cleveland Browns were in the middle of their best season in decades, and Malcolm Pridgeon was sitting alone in his Dodge Durango outside the Berkshire Nursing & Rehabilitation Center in West Babylon, New York, thinking about better times.
- Should the Browns draft all defense in the 2021 draft? (Browns Nation) - The Cleveland Browns do have a few areas of concern heading into the offseason. The front office did a fantastic job of selecting talent during the 2020 NFL Draft. This time around, the focus might be shifted to defense with the Browns offense already looking fairly stacked for the long haul.
- Detroit Lions dealing Matthew Stafford to Los Angeles Rams for Jared Goff, picks, sources say (ESPN) - The Detroit Lions are dealing quarterback Matthew Stafford to the Los Angeles Rams in exchange for two future first-round picks, a third-round pick and quarterback Jared Goff, sources told ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
- Run it back with Sam Darnold or start fresh? Jets have multiple options (ESPN) - For two straight offseasons, the New York Jets enjoyed the unusual luxury (for them) of not having to worry about the quarterback position. Sam Darnold was their guy, and there was every reason to believe he would be the guy for a long time. Then the 2020 NFL season happened. Darnold played poorly. He got hurt. The team stunk. The coach got fired. Now, with multiple avenues with which to improve the position, Jets officials are refusing to commit to Darnold as their starter for 2021. We still love you, Sam, but ...
- Senior Bowl 2021: 10 players who made big impressions this week (al.com) - What might have been the most-important Reese’s Senior Bowl week in the game’s 71-year history wrapped up Saturday in Mobile. With the NFL Combine set to include no in-person interaction between players and scouts and what shape various pro days will take still anyone’s guess, the Senior Bowl became extra crucial for 2021 NFL draft hopefuls. So who made the biggest impressions during Senior Bowl 2021 week?