- Why can’t the Browns get the ball to Odell Beckham Jr.? (Touchdown Wire) - Odell Beckham Jr. isn’t the odd man out from an opportunity perspective, but he obviously is when it comes to results. That’s not the way the team perceives it, at least in public.
Live on @nflnetwork with the #Browns, who are set to lean on RB Kareem Hunt on Sunday against the #Cardinals with Nick Chubb (calf) ruled out. Said Myles Garrett: “He’s ready to go off.” pic.twitter.com/2ZL7gCxsmn— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) October 15, 2021
- With Nick Chubb out, Kareem Hunt is a No. 1 back in his own right (cleveland.com) - With Nick Chubb ruled out for the Cardinals game with his calf injury, the Browns are lucky to have another No. 1 back in Kareem Hunt to replace him.
- How far can the Browns’ running game take them? (The Ringer) - Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt have combined to make Cleveland the NFL’s most effective team on the ground. But close losses to the Chiefs and Chargers raise questions about what it’ll take to get the team over the hump.
- David Njoku continues to ‘work his tail off,’ and the big plays have followed (clevelandbrowns.com) - David Njoku has been willing to do whatever work was needed to set himself up for the opportunity he received last Sunday in Los Angeles.
- Seahawks to place QB Russell Wilson (finger) on injured reserve (NFL.com) - It took longer than many likely predicted, but the Seattle Seahawks are placing quarterback Russell Wilson on injured reserve. Head coach Pete Carroll announced the news Friday, which ensures that Wilson will miss at least the next three games, beginning with Sunday night’s matchup against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- Zach Ertz got Philly and departs the Eagles a franchise great (The Philadelphia Inquirer) - Ertz has been through ups and downs with the Eagles franchise, but in the end, he won over Philadelphia as the fans loved him back.
- Why NFL kicking isn’t as bad as it seems this season (ESPN) - Here’s what we know: There were more missed kicks in Week 5 of the NFL season than in any single week during the past 34 years. Here’s how that makes us feel: NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Here’s how it should make us feel: Eh.