|DL||Jadeveon Clowney||58||77%||2 tackles, 2 assists (4 combined). 1 sack, 1 TFL, 2 QH.|
|DL||Malik Jackson||54||72%||1 assist (1 combined).|
|DL||Myles Garrett||53||71%||2 tackles, 1 assist (3 combined). 1 sack, 1 TFL, 1 QH.|
|DL||Malik McDowell||46||61%||2 tackles (2 combined).|
|DL||Takk McKinley||26||35%||1 assist (1 combined).|
|DL||Sheldon Day||22||29%||2 tackles, 3 assists (5 combined).|
|DL||Jordan Elliott||21||28%||1 tackle, 1 assist (2 combined).|
|DL||Joe Jackson||13||17%||1 assist (1 combined).|
|DL||Ifeadi Odenigbo||7||9%||No stats registered.|
- There were plenty of lapses on the defense against Arizona, but those lapses didn’t belong to Myles Garrett and Jadeveon Clowney. They ranked as the top two defenders of the game, according to Pro Football Focus, grading out to a 84.4 and 86.0, respectively. Each of them had a sack, and they combined for eight pressures.
- Sheldon Day made his debut and played 22 snaps, which is a bit more than I expected.
|LB||Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah||64||85%||5 tackles, 3 assists (8 combined). 1 pass defended.|
|LB||Anthony Walker||59||79%||6 tackles, 3 assists (9 combined). 1 TFL, 1 pass defended.|
|LB||Sione Takitaki||10||13%||1 tackle (1 combined). 1 TFL.|
|LB||Mack Wilson||7||9%||No stats registered.|
|LB||Elijah Lee||7||9%||No stats registered.|
- It was not the best day for Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah. Now only is he on the shelf now with an ankle injury, but he missed 33% of his attempted tackles, per PFF. One of those was on the touchdown pass to DeAndre Hopkins, where JOK (along with Grant Delpit), had a shot at him but missed.
- Anthony Walker finished with a game-high nine tackles for the Browns. The Browns played with three cornerbacks almost the entire game, so there wasn’t much playing time for the other linebackers.
|CB||Denzel Ward||75||100%||3 tackles, 1 assist (4 combined).|
|CB||Troy Hill||69||92%||6 tackles, 1 assist (7 combined).|
|CB||Greedy Williams||54||72%||5 tackles (5 combined).|
|CB||Greg Newsome||21||28%||1 tackle (1 combined).|
- Denzel Ward returned and played the entire game. He committed two pass interference penalties early on in the game, but only allowed 2 catches for 12 yards, per PFF, as he was not targeted very much.
- Per PFF, “Greedy Williams, Troy Hill, and Ronnie Harrison each allowed a touchdown, with Williams conceding the most yards in coverage (79).”
- Rookie Greg Newsome returned to action, but only played 21 snaps.
|S||John Johnson||75||100%||2 tackles, 3 assists (5 combined).|
|S||Ronnie Harrison||75||100%||3 tackles, 1 assist (4 combined).|
|S||Grant Delpit||9||12%||1 tackle (1 combined).|
- I remain disappointed with the performance of John Johnson III. Granted, it could really be a byproduct of defensive coordinator Joe Woods mucking things up, but Johnson has not been worth the signing through six games. It’s getting bad back there when I’m starting to think about the glory days of Andrew Sendejo.