|DL||Jadeveon Clowney||39||78%||1 tackle, 1 assist (2 combined). 0.5 sack, 2 QH.|
|DL||Myles Garrett||33||66%||1 tackle, 2 assists (3 combined). 1.5 sacks, 1 QH.|
|DL||Malik McDowell||32||64%||1 tackle, 2 assists (3 combined).|
|DL||Malik Jackson||27||54%||1 tackle, 1 assist (2 combined). 1 QH.|
|DL||Takk McKinley||24||48%||2 tackles (2 combined).|
|DL||Jordan Elliott||23||46%||1 tackle, 1 assist (2 combined).|
|DL||Joe Jackson||11||22%||1 QH.|
|DL||Andrew Billings||11||22%||No stats registered.|
- Circulating social media during and after the game have been pictures and videos of how often Myles Garrett was being held by Denver with no flag thrown. Still, Garrett managed 1.5 sacks. You may be wondering where one of the sacks came from — it was on a play where Garrett chased Bridgewater to the sideline and he ran out of bounds for no gain.
- PFF praised the efforts of Garrett and Jadeveon Clowney again:
Myles Garrett was his usual dominant self. He and Jadeveon Clowney both recorded six total pressures, but Garrett more than doubled Clowney’s pass-rush win rate and earned a 90.0-plus PFF pass-rushing grade as a result.
|LB||Anthony Walker||50||100%||7 tackles, 3 assists (10 combined).|
|LB||Malcolm Smith||25||50%||1 assist (1 combined).|
|LB||Sione Takitaki||17||34%||2 assists (2 combined).|
|LB||Mack Wilson||17||34%||4 tackles (4 combined).|
- Is it a coincidence that Malcolm Smith has received significant reps in all three of Cleveland’s good defensive performances this season? Besides returning from injury himself, he got the reps this week with rookie Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah on IR.
- Anthony Walker had the best game in a Browns uniform that I’ve seen from him, going based on the eye test.
- Mack Wilson had 4 tackles despite only playing 17 snaps.
|CB||Greg Newsome||50||100%||3 tackles (3 combined). 1 pass defended.|
|CB||Denzel Ward||39||78%||2 assists (2 combined).|
|CB||Troy Hill||33||66%||2 tackles (2 combined).|
|CB||Greedy Williams||11||22%||1 pass defended.|
- Greg Newsome played the entire game, and although he allowed the most yards (56), I don’t think his coverage was bad — Courtland Sutton especially made a nice early grab against him.
- Denzel Ward left with a hamstring injury. He also had a shot at stopping a touchdown on third down, but couldn’t bring down the running back.
- Troy Hill was the Browns’ second-highest graded defender with a grade of 80.2 from PFF.
|S||John Johnson||50||100%||2 tackles (2 combined). 1 INT, 1 pass defended.|
|S||Ronnie Harrison||29||58%||3 tackles, 2 assists (5 combined).|
|S||Grant Delpit||29||58%||1 pass defended.|
- At last, the Browns got a big play that counted from John Johnson III, as he intercepted a pass in the end zone to stop Denver’s only threatening drive of the first half.
- On the short week, Ronnie Harrison did not play the entire game like he usually does.