- Browns Joel Bitonio reaches 100 starts: 12 quarterbacks, five coaches and a need for oxygen (Beacon Journal) - Joel Bitonio easily recalled that Ray Farmer was the Browns general manager who drafted him in the second round in 2014 and that Andy Moeller was his first position coach. As for the 11 Browns quarterbacks who preceded Baker Mayfield during Bitonio’s tenure, the three-time Pro Bowl left guard is a little fuzzy.
- The chip on Baker Mayfield’s shoulder will help him a lot more than the slight tear in his left one will hurt him (cleveland.com) - The chip on Baker Mayfield’s shoulder coming off of his bad game in the 14-7 victory over the Vikings will have far more impact going forward than the slightly torn labrum in his left one.
- Browns sign LB Elijah Lee to the active roster from the practice squad (Browns Wire) - Elijah Lee is back on the Cleveland Browns active 53-man roster once again. The Browns re-signed the linebacker off their own practice squad on Friday.
- Myles Garrett confident he’ll play vs. Chargers despite nagging knee, ankle injuries (Browns Zone) - All-Pro defensive end Myles Garrett continues to battle pain in his knee and ankle. It won’t prevent him from playing Sunday against the Chargers in Los Angeles, and so far he’s won the fight. He leads the NFL with six sacks through four games and is tied for the league lead with seven tackles for loss.
- What Dak Prescott’s gruesome injury was like for the Cowboys, Giants who were there (ESPN) - Same opponent. Same stadium. Same week of the NFL regular season. That can’t be a coincidence. Dak Prescott and the Dallas Cowboys play a Week 5 game against the New York Giants at AT&T Stadium on Sunday. But Oct. 11, 2020, is a day forever etched into the quarterback’s mind since he suffered a compound fracture and dislocation of his right ankle in the third quarter that forced him to miss the rest of the season.
- Seahawks’ Russell Wilson has finger surgery, will be out roughly six weeks (The Seattle Times) - Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson’s streak of 149 consecutive regular-season starts to begin his NFL career — the sixth-longest such streak in league history — is at an end. According to an NFL Network report, Wilson underwent surgery Friday to repair a ruptured tendon in the middle finger of his right hand and is expected to be out “roughly six weeks.”
- Ben Roethlisberger situation is nearing the boiling point (Pittsburgh Post-Gazette) - Last year, Ben Roethlisberger scrapped the offense when he saw fit, sometimes to great effect. This year, the offense has scrapped him.
- Bars, dancing and plenty of losses: Urban Meyer is flaming out in style (The Guardian) - So, who had October in the Urban-Meyer-flames-his-way-out-of-Jacksonville pool? The Jacksonville Jaguars head coach may hang on to his job until the end of the season. But his run as an NFL czar effectively ended on Monday.