- Myles Garrett aiming to be “legendary,” start forcing turnovers, scoring points on defense (Browns Zone) - For mere mortals, great is a superlative. For All-Pro defensive end Myles Garrett, it’s a steppingstone.
- 11 questions for JC Tretter, who sees a ‘dialed in’ Browns team ready for Sunday (clevelandbrowns.com) - JC Tretter doesn’t see the need for a radical overhaul of how the Browns attack opposing defenses. Instead, the veteran center sees opportunities for the team to simply execute at a higher level.
- Browns and Odell Beckham Jr. sign financial agreement which will save team $3 million if he doesn’t get claimed (cleveland.com) - The Browns and Odell Beckham Jr.’s camp came up with a win-win to settle their messy divorce. The two sides signed a financial agreement on Saturday that enables Beckham to become a free agent, and saves the Browns $3 million if he doesn’t get claimed on waivers.
- Jack Conklin lands on IR, so he must miss at least 3 games, but he’s expected to avoid surgery (Beacon Journal) - All-Pro right tackle Jack Conklin will miss at least the next three games after landing on injured reserve Saturday. At this point, Conklin is expected to avoid surgery on his injured elbow, a person familiar with the situation said.
- The lessons Bengals OC Brian Callahan learned from his father to make it to the NFL (cincinnati.com) - Cincinnati Bengals offensive coordinator Brian Callahan was born in Champaign, Illinois, but he doesn’t remember anything about living there. After two years, he went to Flagstaff, Arizona, where he recollects a few images of the house he lived in and the dome where the Northern Arizona Lumberjacks played. By the time he started middle school, Brian had lived in Carbondale, Illinois, Madison, Wisconsin and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Brian was a coach’s son, and that meant he moved five times before going to college. When Brian then went into coaching, he knew exactly what he was getting into.
- Jacksonville edge defender Josh Allen is looking to make a name for himself in breakout season (PFF) - Jacksonville Jaguars edge defender Josh Allen wants to be a household name. That was one of Allen’s goals heading into the 2021 NFL season, and it would be made a lot easier if he didn’t have a namesake in the NFL who has already reached that status as the Buffalo Bills’ All-Pro quarterback. The two Josh Allens will face off for the first time in their careers Sunday in Jacksonville.
- Carolina Panthers activate RB Christian McCaffrey (ESPN) - The Carolina Panthers on Saturday activated running back Christian McCaffrey from injured reserve, making him eligible for Sunday’s home game against the New England Patriots.