- The Browns should jump to sign J.J. Watt after his release by the Texans (cleveland.com) - The Browns should jump at the chance to sign three-time NFL Defensive Player of the Year J.J. Watt, whom the Texans released Friday. Watt confirmed in a Twitter video Friday that he’s asked the Texans for his release and that they’re granting it.
- ESPN’s Jeff Darlington could ‘certainly see’ Tampa Bay making push for Odell Beckham Jr. (247Sports) - According to ESPN NFL reporter Jeff Darlington, Cleveland Browns wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. is a name to watch this offseason, citing Beckham’s strong relationship with Tom Brady as enough of a reason for Tampa Bay to explore adding the three-time pro bowler to a roster that will have a degree of uncertainty this offseason.
- 2020 NFL rookie grades: Browns see big returns (NFL.com) - The Browns were in desperate need of a legitimate left tackle, and in a draft full of them, they landed one of the top two, if not the best. Wills made the PFWA All-Rookie Team after a very solid season protecting Baker Mayfield’s blindside. While he’ll need to improve his run blocking, Wills figures to be Cleveland’s starting left tackle for years to come.
- Free agent safeties for the Browns to consider in the 2021 offseason (Browns Wire) - The Cleveland Browns have a roster hole at safety entering the 2021 offseason. Fortunately for the Browns, the free agent safety class is a good one. There are top-line starters, proven role players and some veterans who could be in line for better play with a fresh start in Cleveland.
- Fritz Pollard Alliance’s Rod Graves: Jacksonville Jaguars’ hiring of Chris Doyle ‘simply unacceptable’ (ESPN) - The Fritz Pollard Alliance blasted the Jacksonville Jaguars and head coach Urban Meyer for hiring Chris Doyle, a former strength coach at the University of Iowa who was accused of making racist remarks and belittling and bullying players, to be the team’s director of sports performance.
- Maurkice Pouncey, twin Mike Pouncey announce retirement from NFL (USA Today) - The NFL is losing a set of twins from its active ranks, as Maurkice and Mike Pouncey are retiring from football in the same way they entered this world: together.
- 5 possible destinations for where J.J. Watt could sign (Yahoo Sports) - Now that J.J. Watt has been released, the fan bases of the 31 teams not named the Houston Texans are all lathered up for the idea of adding the former NFL Defensive Player of the Year. Here are five teams we think could make a lot of sense.
- Why is it taking so long for the Eagles to trade Carson Wentz? (inquirer.com) - Friday marked a week since a number of media outlets, including this one, reported that an Eagles trade of Carson Wentz seemed near. Not that near, it turned out.