- Diving into the Browns’ prolific use of 3 tight ends on Gotta Watch The Tape (cleveland.com) - On the latest episode of Gotta Watch The Tape, the crew dives into Baker Mayfield’s 75-yard touchdown pass to Donovan Peoples-Jones in the Browns win against the Tennessee Titans. But the play was more than just the throw.
- Andrew Billings awaiting vaccine on comeback trail after opting out of 2020 season (Beacon Journal) - Andrew Billings should be a month removed from his first Browns season and honeymooning somewhere much warmer than Northeast Ohio. But COVID-19 has been known to disrupt plans.
- Browns full 7-round mock draft v1.0 (Browns Wire) - The first edition of the 2021 Cleveland Browns mock draft is here. We’re going over every Browns pick in the draft, from the first-rounder at No. 26 overall to the final one near the end of the seventh round.
- Browns Offseason 2021: Addressing WR and keeping the offensive line intact (Pro Football Network) - The last time the Cleveland Browns were good enough to win a playoff game, free agency and the salary cap were new, the NFL had only begun to adjust to the new financial reality, and the league’s entire salary structure was different. So it’s safe to say that the Browns have never experienced an offseason like 2021.
- Packers release offensive lineman Rick Wagner and linebacker Christian Kirksey (madison.com) - Even if it hadn’t been for the COVID-19 pandemic forcing interview sessions into the virtual realm during the 2020 NFL season, Rick Wagner probably still would have been a man of few words during his time with the Green Bay Packers.
- Three solutions to Steelers’ quarterback conundrum; three best fits for J.J. Watt (NFL.com) - The clock is ticking as the Pittsburgh Steelers contemplate whether to move on from Ben Roethlisberger after the recent completion of his 17th NFL season. The two-time Super Bowl champion certainly deserves kudos for keeping the Steelers in the title hunt since stepping into the lineup fresh out of Miami (Ohio), but he turns 39 next month and the last year of his contract features a super-sized salary cap number of $41.25 million.
- Panthers releasing Tre Boston, 2 other veterans to clear cap space ahead of free agency (thestate.com) - The Carolina Panthers have informed safety Tre Boston, punter Michael Palardy and defensive end Stephen Weatherly that they will be released, per league sources with knowledge of the situation. The team is moving on from the veteran players as it continues to create more salary cap room for the 2021 season.
- The NFL is asking for a 100% increase in TV rights payments, but Disney is pushing back (CNBC) - The National Football League wants to charge its current network partners double what they’ve been paying to broadcast games — but Disney is pushing back, citing the high price tag for Monday Night Football.