- Bucs LB Lavonte David and Jets WR Breshad Perriman among the free agents on the Browns’ radar (cleveland.com) - The Browns could’ve used linebacker Lavonte David to help chase down Chad Henne in the AFC divisional playoff loss to the Chiefs, but maybe he’ll be in a Browns uniform when they visit the Chiefs next season.
- Browns held virtual meeting with Northwestern CB Greg Newsome (Browns Wire) - The annual Scouting Combine isn’t happening this year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but one key part of the combine experience for teams is still happening virtually. Player meetings and team interviews with the draft prospects are going on. One of the players the Browns are confirmed to have met with recently is a promising and interesting one, Northwestern cornerback Greg Newsome II.
- Would Round 1 be too early to add more talent at safety? (clevelandbrowns.com) - The offseason is disappearing before our eyes, and we’re less than three weeks away from the start to the new league year. That’s the formal way of saying we’re less than three weeks away from the start of free agency, and the Browns certainly figure to be involved in some way, shape or form.
- From jumbo Jet to Andre the Giant: Matthew Willig’s wild path to Hollywood (ESPN) - Matthew Willig first met Dwayne Johnson about a decade ago at an Equinox gym outside Los Angeles. Willig was a fledgling actor, a few years removed from a 14-year career in the NFL trenches. Johnson was ... well, The Rock.
- All 32 teams’ QB situations ahead of free agency, draft (NFL.com) - As the calendar creeps toward free agency, we’ve reached a perfect point to reset under center across the league. The quarterback carousel has already turned a few times, placing significant faces in new places. We’ll see more movement when the new league year opens on March 17 and plenty of changes at the end of April, when QB-needy teams select the signal-callers of the future. But in the meantime, let’s explore where teams currently stand at the game’s most important position.
- The Seahawks Wouldn’t Really Trade Russell Wilson … Right? (The Ringer) - Russell Wilson’s mini media blitz happened two weeks ago, but the fire we thought flamed out in the time since roared back to life Thursday morning. Turns out, there’s more Seahawks drama for this offseason.
- Every NFL Team’s 2021 Offseason To-Do List (Bleacher Report) - The NFL offseason is a three-step process each franchise must undertake to put the best version of the team on the field the following campaign. Each franchise has three significant issues to address. How the team addresses those will determine whether it’s been successful. Everyone yearns to be the new Tampa Bay Buccaneers after last year’s Super Bowl-defining offseason.