- Spergon Wynn, the QB the Cleveland Browns preferred to Tom Brady, talks about his life (Beacon Journal) - Quit picking on Spergon Wynn. He didn’t ask to be the quarterback the Browns drafted when they could have had Tom Brady. Wynn, then 21, simply answered the phone when Chris Palmer called on April 16, 2000, and listened while Cleveland’s head coach told him he was about to become a Brown.
- Where Baker Mayfield ranks in a draft of all NFL quarterbacks for the 2021 season (cleveland.com) - If you were picking a quarterback for a winning NFL team with Super Bowl aspirations, for a single season, with no worries about contracts and no concerns or hopes for the future, with winning as many games as possible in 2021 the only thing on your mind, who would you pick?
- Browns center and NFL Players Association president JC Tretter says it’s time to put the off in offseason (Browns Zone) - JC Tretter wasn’t always an established starter and one of the NFL’s best centers. He entered the league in 2013 as a fourth-round pick of the Packers, battled injuries early in his career and started only 10 games before signing with the Browns in 2017. He knows what it’s like to be on the roster bubble and the pressure that comes with trying not to pop it.
- Which play was Myles Garrett’s best in 2020? (clevelandbrowns.com) - Yet again, Myles Garrett was a force and leader for the Browns defense. And seemingly more than ever, Garrett seemed to shine brightest during the biggest moments in a number of the Browns’ wins throughout the 2020 season. When the defense needed a stop or a turnover, Garrett answered the bell over and over.
- Chiefs assistant coach hurt in I-435 crash that injured 2 children, 1 severely (kshb.com) - Chiefs assistant linebackers coach Britt Reid was involved in a multi-vehicle crash that injured two young children less than two days before the team was scheduled to depart for Super Bowl LV in Tampa, Florida. Reid, 35, who is Chiefs head coach Andy Reid’s son, has worked on the team’s coaching staff since his father arrived before the 2013 season.
- Trevor Lawrence set for shoulder procedure, should be ready for training camp (ESPN) - Clemson quarterback Trevor Lawrence is set to undergo a left labrum repair that is not expected to affect his readiness for the 2021 season, his representatives at MGC Sports told ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
- How Eagles have masterfully handled Carson Wentz trade rumors (nj.com) - While speculation and trade rumors run rampant around Carson Wentz’s future, the Eagles have sat back, relaxed and taken all the right steps to ensure they have trade leverage this offseason.
- Tom Brady vs. Patrick Mahomes: A battle of the ages (New York Times) - Much has been made about the nearly 20-year age difference between the two quarterbacks. But Super Bowl LV will come down to other numbers.