- The entire Browns offense could return in 2021, a rarity in franchise history (cleveland.com) - About a week before free agency began, Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady tweeted a photo of himself signing a contract extension. But that wasn’t all. The Super Bowl champ also included notice to the NFL that “we’re keeping the band together.” That’s continuity. The Browns have even more of it.
- Rashard Higgins on return: I knew where I wanted to be, all the pieces to the puzzle are in place (Browns Zone) - Rashard Higgins had options and offers as free agency played out last week. He really had only one choice.
- Kwity Paye won’t forget sacrifices as Browns, other NFL teams show interest (Beacon Journal) - Kwity Paye will soon enter the NFL and receive millions of dollars, but he doesn’t plan on discarding his old wallet. The Browns are among the teams with Paye on their radar, and he’s widely considered a virtual lock to become a first-round pick in the April 29-May 1 draft.
- Andrew Berry makes defensive versatility a priority in 1st week of 2021 free agency (clevelandbrowns.com) - The Browns made it clear they wanted to upgrade their defense after the first week of free agency. But they also made it clear that they wanted to be more versatile, too
- Saints CB Marshon Lattimore charged with fourth-degree felony after arrest (nola.com) - New Orleans Saints cornerback Marshon Lattimore was charged with a fourth-degree felony Friday afternoon after he was arrested late Thursday on suspicion of receiving stolen property, according to Cleveland court records.
- 49ers acquire No. 3 overall pick from Dolphins; Miami gets No. 12 pick, two future firsts (NFL.com) - The San Francisco 49ers have made a draft splash one month before it actually begins. The 49ers have traded up from the 12th overall pick to the third overall in a deal with the Miami Dolphins, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Friday. Miami receives the 12th overall selection from San Francisco, a third-round pick and first-round picks in 2022 and 2023, per Rapoport. The Dolphins then traded the No. 12 pick and a 2022 first-rounder to the Eagles for the sixth-overall selection to complete the Friday flurry of deals.
- Howie Roseman and Jeffrey Lurie blow it again. The Eagles won’t get a star in this tantalizing NFL draft. (inquirer.com) - Even Howie and Jeffrey couldn’t screw this up. Then, they did. The Philadelphia Eagles traded down with the Miami Dolphins, from No. 6 to No. 12. So, no Kyle Pitts. No Ja’Marr Chase. No top-flight quarterback. And they might have alienated their starting quarterback.
- Zach Wilson flashes arm strength for Jets brass, NFL teams at pro day (ESPN) - BYU quarterback Zach Wilson, widely projected as the second overall pick in next month’s NFL draft, delivered an impressive pro day Friday as three teams with top-12 picks made trades that could impact the quarterback order. With 31 teams represented in Provo, Utah — all but the Los Angeles Rams — Wilson displayed the arm strength that sparked his breakout season for the Cougars. He dazzled with a few off-balance throws that went 50 yards.