- Greg Pruitt: Rejected by his coach, hid on a golf course on draft day (Terry Pluto) - Imagine being an All-American for your college coach. In fact, how you played is partly why he received an offer to become coach of the NFL’s New England Patriots. Imagine that coach having THREE first round picks in the draft. Imagine believing your coach would want a record-breaking back from Oklahoma. “I still can’t believe he didn’t draft me,” said Greg Pruitt.
- Curtis Weaver opens up about comeback attempt with Browns (Beacon Journal) - Curtis Weaver FaceTimed a trusted mentor from a medical examination table with bad news.
- Sheldon Richardson released in salary cap move (Browns Zone) - The Browns spent the last month adding significant pieces to the defense. They subtracted a key one Friday, releasing veteran defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson.
- Grant Delpit eager to ‘give the fans what they want’ (clevelandbrowns.com) - Grant Delpit can see the finish line for his rehab and the starting block for his first full NFL season. He said he’s a few months away from returning to full health, which means he’ll be in a good spot for training camp, where he’ll look to prove himself as the same talented, versatile safety the Browns valued when they selected him 44th overall in 2020.
- Expanded booth-to-ref communication expected to pass; uniform No. rule change has support (NFL.com) - A few rule changes are expected to come out of next week’s vote from league owners. The competition committee’s proposal for expanded booth-to-official communication during replays has strong support among coaches and is likely to pass next week, NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero reported. Pelissero reported there’s another proposal with strong support among NFL teams: easing restrictions on who can wear which jersey numbers.
- Meet Chazz and Sage Surratt, two brothers on track for the 2021 NFL draft (ESPN) - A few days after North Carolina wrapped its regular season, Chazz Surratt opted out of the Tar Heels’ bowl game and headed to Florida to train for the 2021 NFL draft alongside his brother Sage Surratt, who’d already been living there. Both were on the precipice of fulfilling a dream. Chazz, 24, is among the top-ranked linebackers available and likely to be selected in the first few rounds. Sage, a big, physical 23-year-old receiver with good hands, has been pegged as a mid-to-late-round selection.
- Kyle Pitts once wanted to move from QB to TE, now wants to be 1st non-QB drafted (The Athletic) - As a sophomore in high school in suburban Philadelphia, the player who has since become perhaps the best tight end prospect in a generation was a backup quarterback. Kyle Pitts ran the read option and would occasionally roll out on a naked bootleg. And he never once had designs to actually remain at the position.
- Aaron Donald’s lawyer says video refutes man’s assault claim (AP) - The lawyer for Los Angeles Rams defensive lineman Aaron Donald said Friday that witnesses and surveillance video refute a man’s claim the player assaulted him at a Pittsburgh nightclub last weekend.