- Breaking down the Browns haul in The Athletic’s 7-round mock draft (Browns Wire) - One of the most respected and veteran NFL draft analysts, Dane Brugler of The Athletic, released his 7-round mock for all the picks in the 2021 NFL draft. Brugler’s projections for the Cleveland Browns and their cadre of picks offer some interesting players.
- Road to the Draft: Could Day 2 be another prime time to add to safety room? (clevelandbrowns.com) - Only two safeties are regularly projected as 1st-rounders, but plenty of talent will be available at the position on Day 2.
- Thanks to Vince Lombardi, Ernie Green became a Cleveland Brown (Terry Pluto) - Who started in the Browns backfield next to a pair of Hall of Famers? Who often blocked for Leroy Kelly and Jim Brown, yet also made two Pro Bowls? That’s Ernie Green.
- Five-step plan for the perfect Browns 2021 NFL Draft (CBS Sports) - The Cleveland Browns advanced to the AFC Divisional Round before falling to the Chiefs. The roster showed tremendous improvement under the direction of head coach Kevin Stefanski and EVP and GM Andrew Berry but there is work to be done. Last month, I constructed a mock 7-round draft for the Browns. In this article, I delve more into the strategy behind what they may set out to accomplish and break it down into five easy steps:
- Trevor Lawrence clarifies comments about motivation (Yahoo Sports) - Trevor Lawrence wants to make things clear. He didn’t misspeak in his Sports Illustrated profile, you just misheard him.
- NFLPA head DeMaurice Smith says it’s in players’ best interests to sit out voluntary workouts (ESPN) - NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith said it is the union’s position that it is in the best interest of players to not participate in voluntary offseason workouts.
- Falcons sending full allotment to Trey Lance’s second pro day, have received calls for No. 4 pick (NFL.com) - The Atlanta Falcons aren’t on the clock yet. But they could make a decision on the No. 4 pick before the draft. To that end, they’ll send a full allotment of three personnel to quarterback Trey Lance’s second pro day Monday at North Dakota State, NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero reported.
- Bills remain Chiefs’ biggest threat in AFC, says NFL Insider (syracuse.com) - One NFL insider says Buffalo is still the Chiefs’ biggest threat. On a recent episode of ESPN’s Get Up!, Field Yates explained said he believed in Buffalo due to their core roster staying intact and Josh Allen still having room to grow.