- If the Browns select a wide receiver early in the 2021 NFL Draft, who should GM Andrew Berry target? (cleveland.com) - Cleveland selecting a receiver early in the 2021 draft makes sense. Odell Beckham Jr. and Jarvis Landry won’t both be here much longer. Plan for their departure by selecting a promising prospect, like Rashod Bateman.
- Browns CB Troy Hill likes No. 23 but says the team unclear on Andrew Sendejo’s future (Browns Wire) - New Browns cornerback Troy Hill stated he likes the No. 23 because he remembers watching Joe Haden wear 23 with the Browns when he was a kid. But whether not he wears that number with the Browns may depend on what the team plans to do with free agent safety Andrew Sendejo.
- Browns seven-round 2021 NFL mock draft: Secondary overhaul continues in Cleveland (CBS Sports) - A year after addressing the offense, Cleveland turns its focus to the defense
- David Njoku makes final call on future with Browns (heavy.com) - David Njoku has had a tumultuous relationship with the Cleveland Browns over the last year but it appears the tight end has reached a decision on his future with the team. Njoku shared his new outlook on Twitter on Friday, writing: “Let’s ridddeeee Cleveland. No more distraction.”
- NFL draft prospect Whop Philyor got his nickname from a burger, but there’s more to his story (ESPN) - When future NFL draft prospect Mister Elias De’Angelo Philyor was about 6 years old, his father, Daniel, would put him in the back seat of his black 1999 Cadillac STS and drive over to the Burger King on Hillsborough Avenue in Tampa, Florida. Daniel started calling Mister “Little Whop” after a few of those early trips to Burger King, unknowingly giving his son a nickname.
- How college football coaches are advocating for their NFL draft prospects in the time of COVID (The Ringer) - The coronavirus pandemic has turned the typical draft routine upside down. With no combine, fewer games, and little face-to-face interaction, other forms of evaluation—such as pro days, coaches’ testimonies, and good old-fashioned tape—are more important than ever.
- The Deshaun Watson allegations are forcing NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to a crossroads (Yahoo Sports) - For the past 16 days, the NFL had the luxury of time and patience as civil suits piled up against Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson. That changed significantly on Friday, when the Houston Police Department announced a complaint had been officially filed with authorities regarding Watson.
- Is Mac Jones the 49ers’ guy? Who’ll be left for Panthers? (The Athletic) - The final month before the NFL Draft can occasionally get a bit stale. Without major changes in the draft order, there’s only so much parsing and reshuffling that can happen in the weeks leading up to the big day. That’s why I’d like to send a formal thank you to the 49ers and Dolphins for injecting new life into the way we’ll talk about this year’s draft.