- Browns find game-changing linebacker (Beacon Journal) - For years, the Browns had linebackers who couldn’t start for another NFL team. Certainly not a playoff-caliber NFL team. They weren’t game-changers. They didn’t create turnovers, didn’t make plays that led to victories. Those days appeared to end Friday night when the Browns traded up from No. 59 to draft Notre Dame linebacker Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah with the 52nd overall pick.
- Browns surprise in third round with receiver Anthony Schwartz, what does it mean? (cleveland.com) - After going defense in free agency and in the first two picks in the draft, Kevin Stefanski now has a new toy for his offense. In the third round, the Browns grabbed wide receiver Anthony Schwartz, an elite sprinter at Auburn. Remember GM Andrew Berry’s theme for the offense – speed and more speed. Get faster on both sides of the ball. Schwartz is not a polished receiver. He is more of a guy for whom you seek creative ways to put the ball in his hands and let him run.
- 8 players to watch during Day 3 of the 2021 NFL Draft (clevelandbrowns.com) - The Browns addressed both sides of the football in Day 2 of the 2021 NFL Draft by selecting LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah in Round 2 and WR Anthony Schwartz in Round 3. Now, Cleveland will round out the draft with six remaining picks for Day 3. Here’s who to watch on the final day of drafting.
- Browns Have Entered Super Bowl Contention During 2021 NFL Draft (Bleacher Report) - Thus far in 2021, it’s a whole new ballgame. The adjustments are complete and the Cleveland Browns keep building through free agency and the draft, which is fittingly taking place in their backyard on the Lake Erie shoreline just as they become relevant on a Super Bowl-scale for the first time this century.
- Buccaneers pick Kyle Trask in second round of NFL draft as potential heir to Tom Brady (ESPN) - The Tampa Bay Buccaneers might have found their heir to Tom Brady, selecting Florida quarterback Kyle Trask in the second round of the NFL draft Friday with the 64th overall pick.
- York’s faith in Shanahan, Lynch led to Niners taking Trey Lance (NFL.com) - For weeks, they kept each other in the dark, just as they had done with both the public and members of their own organization. San Francisco 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan and general manager John Lynch didn’t want to color each other’s opinions after swapping first-round picks and trading two future No. 1s and a third-round selection to Miami to move up nine spots in this year’s draft. They knew they were going to take a quarterback at No. 3 overall, that much was clear. But which one?
- NFL Draft picks 2021: Live results, complete list of selections from Rounds 1-3 (The Sporting News) - Two days and three rounds of the 2021 NFL Draft down, one day and four more rounds to go. Alabama (eight) maintains a small lead over Georgia (six) as the school with the most players chosen. As for college football conferences, the SEC leads with 29 players selected, followed closely by the ACC (25) and Big Ten (20). Here is the pick-by-pick breakdown of the 2021 NFL Draft, Rounds 1-3.