- Jarvis Landry guides rookie Anthony Schwartz in early stages of journey (Beacon Journal) - Browns wide receiver Jarvis Landry spent time before the NFL Draft training with Anthony Schwartz. The Browns selected Schwartz, a wide receiver from Auburn, in the third round of the draft. Landry saw Schwartz after the draft and had a message for him, according to the rookie.
- Small steps towards normalcy and more observations from Browns rookie minicamp (cleveland.com) - The NFL issued new guidance to teams on Friday about mask wearing, allowing fully vaccinated coaches and players to go maskless around the facility, either indoors or outdoors. The memo hit while the Browns were on the practice field and it didn’t take long for word to spread — a few people shed their masks mid-session.
- Browns tied for the 8th youngest roster in the NFL (Browns Wire) - While the results turned around dramatically for the Browns on the field in 2020, with even bigger expectations for 2021, the team still is very young. The Browns currently sit tied with the Indianapolis Colts for the eighth youngest roster in the NFL with an average age of 24.98.
- Browns’ five most intriguing games for 2021 season (ABC News 4) - The 2021 NFL schedule is here. And while the first game is still months away, the buildup of excitement starts to begin now that not only the opponents are set but so are game dates and times. Here are five games on this year’s Browns schedule that jump off the page following Wednesday’s schedule release.
- Rookie RB Travis Etienne aims to ‘maximize my opportunity’ at WR for Jacksonville Jaguars (ESPN) - The Jacksonville Jaguars have had Travis Etienne taking the majority of his reps at receiver during the first two days of the team’s rookie minicamp to begin the process of turning the ACC’s all-time leading rusher into a player who can line up anywhere — in the backfield, wide, or in the slot.
- Cowboys HC Mike McCarthy: ‘No reason’ to think Dak Prescott won’t be cleared for training camp (NFL.com) - The Cowboys will begin organized team activities in less than two weeks. The past two weeks have Mike McCarthy expecting Dak Prescott to be an active participant in them. Moreover, McCarthy believes Prescott will be full-go by training camp in July.
- The best player who could be cut from every NFL roster in 2021 offseason (Bleacher Report) - NFL teams are dealing with bloated rosters after taking in plenty of new players via free agency and the draft. Organizations have also been coming to terms with undrafted rookie free agents, loading up their cupboards to prepare for training camp and the preseason. With that in mind, here are the top talents who could be cut in 2021.
- The NFL wants a return to normal. Players see an opportunity for change. (The Ringer) - A dispute over offseason workouts has revealed old fissures between the league and many of its players.