- Browns like Anthony Schwartz’s quick feet and mind (al.com) - The Cleveland Browns return their top four wide receivers and top nine pass-catchers from the 2020 season. But Browns wide-receivers coach Chad O’Shea thinks there will be a place for third-round draft choice Anthony Schwartz in Cleveland’s 2021 offense because he’s fast and smart.
- Jim McMahon calls Bill Belichick a liar while recalling their time together with Browns (CBS Sports) - Never one to hide his true feelings, the 61-year-old Jim McMahon recently opened up about one of the low points of his 15-year career. In the summer of 1995, McMahon was trying to earn a roster spot with the Cleveland Browns. McMahon said that, upon his release, then-Browns coach Bill Belichick convinced him to move to Cleveland while also assuring McMahon that he would be compensated while he waited to be activated by the team. That conversation led to McMahon uprooting his family to Cleveland. But shortly after settling in Cleveland, McMahon said that things quickly went south.
- Andrew Berry: Aware of Carson Wentz, Jared Goff big contracts leading to trades (Browns Wire) - On the Ross Tucker Podcast, Browns general manager Andrew Berry was asked about the big contracts given out to Carson Wentz and Jared Goff and whether those would be considered “cautionary tales.” Berry was cautious in his response.
- Bettor made an insane bet on the Cleveland Browns (The Spun) - After years of NFL mediocrity, the Cleveland Browns finally notched their first playoff appearances in over 18 years during the 2020 season. With Baker Mayfield coming into his own as a talented leader for the team’s potent offense, the once-abysmal franchise seems to have turned a corner towards a new era of football success. But, one bold sports bettor apparently decided it was time for the Browns to return to their old ways.
- Patriots have had internal discussions about acquiring Falcons WR Julio Jones (NFL.com) - The Falcons have been listening to trade offers on Julio Jones for some time. Count the Patriots among those kicking the tires on acquiring the perennial Pro Bowl wide receiver. New England has had internal discussions about Jones, NFL Network’s Mike Giardi reported.
- After a workout push, the NFL players union falls flat (New York Times) - Union leadership had led a charge for players to workout on their own. But when the Broncos cut a player after a season-ending injury, tensions over the effort were revealed.
- Ex-Eagles coach Eugene Chung says NFL team told him he was ‘not the right minority’ in job interview (Yahoo News) - Eugene Chung has a decade of coaching experience, a Super Bowl ring and years of experience as an NFL offensive lineman, but he still reportedly found himself dumbfounded by an interview with an NFL team this offseason. The former Philadelphia Eagles assistant offensive line coach told the Boston Globe’s Nicole Yang that a job interview with the unnamed team took a bizarre turn when the interviewer allegedly interrupted Chung’s pitch with a point of contention about his race.
- Every NFL team’s most exciting 2021 undrafted free-agent addition (Bleacher Report) - Though they don’t garner the hype of marquee free agents or early draft picks, undrafted free agents can be critical to the success of NFL teams. This article will focus on the notable undrafted free agents who are most likely to make impacts. Every organization has signed at least one, so let’s take a look at the most exciting acquisition for each.