- Interesting Greg Newsome II stat good sign for Browns need (Browns Wire) - When the Cleveland Browns selected Greg Newsome II with the 26th pick in the 2021 NFL draft there was a lot of excitement. Although Newsome was the fourth cornerback drafted, he was first in a very important statistic.
- Browns linebacker Anthony Walker Jr. understands the stakes for team in upcoming season (Beacon Journal) - For as much as Browns coach Kevin Stefanski plays it close to the vest, he might have actually perked up Wednesday morning after a practice session during organized team activities when asked about linebacker Anthony Walker Jr. That’s likely because Walker has impressed early.
- Will Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt each rush for 1,000 yards this season? (cleveland.com) - Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt came within 159 yards in 2020 from matching Browns predecessors Kevin Mack and Earnest Byner in 1985 and posting dual 1,000 rushing yards seasons.
- Top 75 Moments: No. 59 - Jim Brown scores 5 touchdowns in 1st game vs. Johnny Unitas (clevelandbrowns.com) - On Nov. 1, 1959, the best running back in NFL history played his first game against one of the greatest quarterbacks in NFL history. The battle was between Jim Brown, the third-year running back who led the league in rushing his first two seasons, and Johnny Unitas, the quarterback of the reigning NFL champion Baltimore Colts.
- Packers president/CEO Mark Murphy: Aaron Rodgers situation ‘has divided our fan base’ (NFL.com) - Any time the future of an all-time great hangs in the balance, the eventual resolution will have an impact on nearly everyone attached to said player. With the uncertainty surrounding Aaron Rodgers continuing to loom large, Packers president and CEO Mark Murphy shared on Saturday that the ongoing saga has taken a toll on the Green Bay faithful.
- Falcons’ Brandon Copeland showing NFL players how to cash in (ESPN) - The conversation began in the Atlanta Falcons’ locker room, undrafted rookie defensive backs Dwayne Johnson and JR Pace discussing finances and how to get themselves started in a league where careers can be short but the money may end up long. A week earlier, veteran linebacker Brandon Copeland had spoken to Falcons rookies about financial literacy and money management. Johnson and Pace kept the conversation going and brought questions to Copeland, a contributing editor to Kiplinger’s who teaches a class on the subject at the University of Pennsylvania during NFL offseasons.
- The biggest question for every NFL team coming out of 2021 OTAs (Bleacher Report) - This time of year often raises more questions than it answers—said answers often don’t come until training camp and the preseason. And some of the questions listed in this piece predate OTAs by weeks. Months, even. But as OTAs wind down and we move closer to mandatory workouts, here’s a look at some of the biggest questions hanging over every NFL team.
- What is the worst division in NFL history? (Pro Football Network) - Throughout NFL history, we have seen several divisions labeled the worst at any given time. Looking back across the league’s history to the NFL-AFL merger, which division takes the crown as the worst of the bunch?