- Denzel Ward bulks up, ‘in a really good spot physically’ (clevelandbrowns.com) - Pro Bowl CB Denzel Ward is entering his fourth season in Cleveland with one number in mind: 17. That’s the new number of games on the regular season schedule, and Ward has done everything he can to prepare himself for the upcoming, extended grind that awaits. Part of that preparation included adding weight, roughly seven pounds of muscle. Ward said he’s now 190 pounds, a weight he hit at one point during his time at Ohio State.
- Browns safety Ronnie Harrison, defensive end Takk McKinley leave practice on Friday (cleveland.com) - Browns defensive end Takk McKinley walked off the field with the trainers on Friday and didn’t return to practice. The team later announced it was due to an illness. Safety Ronnie Harrison also left practice early. The fourth-year product out of Alabama, competing for a starting job opposite John Johnson III, walked gingerly to the indoor fieldhouse with the training staff. The team later announced it was a hamstring injury.
- Andrew Berry envisions ‘another fantastic season’ for Baker Mayfield (Beacon Journal) - Browns General Manager Andrew Berry won’t rule out signing a player to a contract extension during the 2021 season. Meaningful extension talks have yet to begin between the Browns and Baker Mayfield’s agents, a person familiar with the situation told the Beacon Journal on Friday, but the expectation is discussions will occur in the near future and likely into the coming season.
- Andrew Berry says more than 90 percent of players are vaccinated or finishing process (Browns Zone) - General manager Andrew Berry talked with reporters and revealed that more than 90 percent of Browns players are fully vaccinated or finishing the vaccination process. The NFL has relaxed certain protocols for teams that hit the 90 percent threshold.
- Colts QB Carson Wentz out indefinitely with foot injury (ESPN) - Indianapolis Colts quarterback Carson Wentz is out indefinitely after undergoing further testing for a foot injury that he suffered at the end of Thursday’s practice, sources told ESPN. Wentz felt a “twinge in his foot” when he rolled out and planted to throw late in the practice, offensive coordinator Marcus Brady said Friday.
- Cowboys QB Dak Prescott remains optimistic about shoulder strain: ‘I know I’ll be fine’ (NFL.com) - Two days earlier, Dak Prescott sustained a muscle strain in his throwing shoulder and released a statement that he didn’t believe it would be “any kind of serious setback.” Prescott reiterated his optimism in front of reporters Friday from Cowboys camp in Oxnard, California.
- Byron Jones douses flame on any worries he and Xavien Howard are at odds (Miami Herald) - Byron Jones and Xavien Howard stood side by side and chatted as they watched from the sideline during parts of Friday’s practice at Miami Dolphins camp. And that snapshot suggests all is well between the two cornerbacks amid a situation that could have easily turned awkward this week.