Cleveland Browns Training Camp Report - Day 12 (8/11/21)
1. Inclement Weather: Due to inclement weather (or the threat of it), the Browns’ practice on Wednesday was moved indoors. I know first hand how sudden the storm came, as I got an emergency alert of 80 MPH wind gusts while I was on my way home from work. Power was knocked out at home, which is why I couldn’t get to this training camp report until now.
2. Player Updates: TE David Njoku returned after missing one practice with a shoulder injury. OL Blake Hance (ankle) and C JC Tretter (rolled up on) were also practicing. LB Anthony Walker progressed to returning to team drills after having returned to individual drills on Wednesday.
3. Stars of Camp: If you could make a list of top three camp stars, they’d probably include WR Donovan Peoples-Jones, DE Jadeveon Clowney, and S John Johnson III. Johnson is the highlight of this clip, as he comes up with another pass breakup off of a nicely-thrown pass to the end zone:
4. Mayfield Won’t Start on Saturday: Head coach Kevin Stefanski announced that QB Case Keenum will get the start for this Saturday’s preseason game against the Jacksonville Jaguars.
5. Drill of the Day: Here is WR Odell Beckham Jr. running through the posts, meeting the defender, and cutting out:
6. Brownies: Per Jake Trotter of ESPN: CB M.J. Stewart dropped a pick six. ... Rookie Demetric Felton was playing with the wide receivers. ... the Browns worked on passing drills with the goal line, with the tight ends and fullbacks being a focal point of them. ... DE Porter Gustin had a lot of reps with DE Myles Garrett (hamstring) and Clowney (rest) both idle.
7. Next Up: The Browns are scheduled to practice on Thursday at 2:25 PM, their final practice before heading to Jacksonville — but rain might keep them indoors again.