- Browns’ Donovan Peoples-Jones talks Urban Meyer, car stunt, Valerie Loureda, clothing line (Beacon Journal) - By now, Browns fans know wide receiver Donovan Peoples-Jones is a 2020 sixth-round draft steal from the University of Michigan. Still, Browns fans have a chance to get to know Peoples-Jones a little bit better because he spoke to the Beacon Journal this week about the Urban Meyer love and other topics.
- Matured Mayfield leading Browns amid ‘Super’ expectations (Associated Press) - Baker Mayfield has grown up. There was no other option. “I had to hit rock bottom for a little bit,” he said. He’s rising, and judging by last season, so are the Browns.
- Browns making the right choice holding starters out Saturday night (cleveland.com) - Kevin Stefanski and the Browns are doing the right thing by keeping most starters out of the game in Jacksonville Saturday night. Here are some reasons it makes sense.
- 14 Questions with CB Greg Newsome II, who can’t wait to make his Browns debut (clevelandbrowns.com) - The 2021 first-round draft pick is expected to play in the Browns’ first preseason game Saturday in Jacksonville.
- Steelers trading for Jaguars LB Joe Schobert (Pittsburgh Post-Gazette) - The Steelers are finalizing a trade for Jacksonville inside linebacker Joe Schobert, according to a report by NFL Network. Schobert’s wife tweeted Thursday night: “Yinz are going to love this!!” Tom Pelissero of NFL Network confirmed there is a deal, although terms are not immediately known.
- Veteran RB Dion Lewis retires after eight seasons in NFL, one Super Bowl title (NFL.com) - Dion Lewis’ incredible NFL career is over. The former Super Bowl champion running back is retiring, his agent announced Friday.
- NFL suspends RB Derrius Guice 6 games for violating personal conduct policy (ESPN) - Former Washington Football Team running back Derrius Guice was suspended six games for violating the NFL’s personal conduct policy, according to a league spokesman.
- Patriots rookie QB Mac Jones excites fans in first NFL preseason game against Washington (CBS Sports) - The New England Patriots’ prospective franchise quarterback Mac Jones received his first NFL action on Thursday in a 22-13 preseason victory against the Washington Football Team. He was inserted into the lineup with 55 seconds remaining in the first quarter, and even picked up a first down before the opening stanza came to a close.