Cleveland Browns Training Camp Report - Day 14 (8/17/21)
1. Welcome Back: It was the Browns’ first training camp session since last Thursday, and their first since defeating the Jacksonville Jaguars this past Saturday. It is also the second-to-last practice open to the public. Fans today got to welcome back three players who have practically missed all of camp to date: WR Anthony Schwartz, S Ronnie Harrison, and S Grant Delpit. Both Harrison and Delpit immediately saw action in 11-on-11 team drills.
2. Injury Updates: CB Denzel Ward (soreness) is getting close to practicing again, while LB Mack Wilson (shoulder) is day-to-day. Wilson did partake in some individual drills. DE Jadeveon Clowney didn’t practice, but head coach Kevin Stefanski was mum on whether anything is bothering him.
3. Drill of the Day: Here are some more ball security drills for the running backs, with the ball being tugged at as they work on their agility.
4. Davis Does it Again: Run with that momentum, Davion Davis. After making an impression in the first preseason game, he made a great catch on a pass from QB Case Keenum during practice.
WR Davion Davis picking up where he left off Saturday night in Jacksonville, just made a beautiful over the shoulder grab from Case Keenum #Browns— Daryl Ruiter (@RuiterWrongFAN) August 17, 2021
5. Pushups: Practice lasted less than 90 minutes and concluded with everyone dropping and giving 20 pushups:
6. Brownies: RB/WR Demetric Felton was with the running backs during practice. ... 120 VIP military were in attendance at training camp today, and QB Baker Mayfield talked to them after practice. ... Practice ended just before a few rain showers came in. ... A total of 47 puppies have been adopted at the Browns Puppy Pound at training camp this year.
Baker Mayfield just came over to thank the military in attendance at Browns training camp today pic.twitter.com/nC3UZt9Jq4— Jake Trotter (@Jake_Trotter) August 17, 2021
7. Next Up: The final training camp session open to the public is Wednesday at 2:25 PM. Showers are in the forecast all morning through the afternoon, though. Fingers crossed that the rain fades away, because I have tickets to attend this one.