Cleveland Browns Training Camp Report - Day 20 (8/26/21)
1. Higgins Tweaks Something: During practice, QB Baker Mayfield went up and talked to WR Rashard Higgins after (according to Hayden Grove) the receiver “didn’t seem to be giving his all during QB-WR work.” Right after that, Higgins went over to a trainer, and then he was like this for the remainder of practice:
2. Beckham Gets In 11-on-11: A day after taking his first reps in 7-on-7 drills, WR Odell Beckham bumped up to trying a couple of 11-on-11 drills on Thursday. Also returning to team drills for the first time in three weeks was CB Denzel Ward. Beckham’s 11-on-11 reps came against the scout team defense. Besides that, Beckham continued doing 1-on-1 work with QB Baker Mayfield:
3. Davis With the TD: Despite facing a two-game suspension to begin the season, WR Davion Davis continues to make plays, catching a 50-yard touchdown pass from QB Baker Mayfield.
4. Worlds Colliding: It’s not training camp news, but DE Myles Garrett was in the headlines on social media today for this exchange involving the Paul brothers.
5. Drill of the Day: I present you the quickness of DE Jadeveon Clowney:
6. Brownies: RT Jack Conklin returned to practice after missing yesterday with an illness. ... C J.C. Tretter also returned to practice. ... WR Anthony Schwartz also returned to team drills. ... LB Anthony Walker tipped a pass by QB Case Keenum, and S John Johnson III came away with the interception.
7. Next Up: The Browns will practice at 11:00 AM on Friday, their final practice before their preseason finale on Sunday night against the Atlanta Falcons.