Cleveland Browns Training Camp Report - Day 21 (8/27/21)
1. Baker Mayfield to Play: The biggest news of the day came after practice when head coach Kevin Stefanski announced that QB Baker Mayfield will start and play a little bit this Sunday night against the Atlanta Falcons. He also said that “select starters” will also see action.
2. Bike Brigade: Some of the Browns players were messing with reporters by wearing different jersey numbers in practice today. The players who did not practice were:
#Browns on side today: WR Rashard Higgins, LB Troy Hill II, LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, S Grant Delpit, CB Greedy Williams, LB Sione Takitaki— Daryl Ruiter (@RuiterWrongFAN) August 27, 2021
Regarding WR Rashard Higgins and CB Troy Hill, head coach Kevin Stefanski said that their injuries are not serious, which is encouraging to hear.
3. Returning to Action: Better late than never. After missing all of camp to injury, rookie LB Tony Fields got to practice on Friday. CB M.J. Stewart also returned to practice.
4. TD for OBJ: WR Odell Beckham took part in 7-on-7 drills and snagged a touchdown on his final rep. Woohoo!
5. Brownies: JOK will not play this Sunday because he can’t wear a helmet yet due to the stitches in his forehead. ... It is undecided whether DE Takk McKinley will play on Sunday.
6. Next Up: The Browns will play the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday at 8:00 PM ET. Then, teams will have to name their 53-man rosters by 4:00 PM ET on Tuesday, August 31. Therefore, training camp has officially concluded.