Cleveland Browns Training Camp Report - Day 7 (8/4/21)
1. Engaged With the Fans: One of the things we’ve seen at this year’s camp is that DE Myles Garrett is engaging with the fans more before or during practice, which is a nice personable touch for those in attendance:
Myles Garrett continues to entertain the fans at Browns Training Camp, chatting with a local youth team before practice today. #Browns pic.twitter.com/mn3AG1QAbz— clevelanddotcom (@clevelanddotcom) August 4, 2021
2. Beckham in Pads: WR Odell Beckham Jr. was in pads on Wednesday. In the clip below, you can see the quarterbacks (working only with receivers) taking deep shots to the receivers. Beckham is the second receiver in the video clip:
A couple of deep shots early in #Browns practice. The second one is OBJ. pic.twitter.com/V4bSgIkMZE— Scott Petrak ct (@ScottPetrak) August 4, 2021
3. Missing in Action: DE Jadeveon Clowney had the day off. LB Mack Wilson was excused for the birth of his child. Other players missing were S John Johnson III, S Grant Delpit, S Ronnie Harrison, DE Takk McKinley, WR Anthony Schwartz, and TE Austin Hooper (illness). Rookie LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah practiced in pads for the first time this camp.
Baker Mayfield connects with DPJ on a 60-yard go ball for six. A.J Green beat in coverage. Peoples-Jones is cooking everybody. pic.twitter.com/0MhmpDyRqX— Ellis L. Williams (@BookofEllis) August 4, 2021
4. The Star of Camp: At least on the offensive side of the ball, the star of camp has been WR Donovan Peoples-Jones. He put a double move on CB A.J. Green during practice, which allowed QB Baker Mayfield to connect with him down the sideline for a 60-70 yard touchdown pass.
5. Hang Time Counts: This was pretty amusing, and probably the first time in all my years of camp reports that I’ve seen someone tweet out the unofficail hang times on punts. These were the ones on P Jamie Gillan:
Unofficial hang times: 4.21, 4.17, 3.95, 3.82, 4.43, 4.18, 4.89, 5.72 & 4.75 #Browns— Daryl Ruiter (@RuiterWrongFAN) August 4, 2021
6. Brownies: OL Drew Forbes had to do pushups after he committed a false start. ... WR Alexander Hollins left practice with an injury. ... RB Kareem Hunt scored a touchdown on a creative throwback screen play. ... WR JoJo Natson had his number called to run a reverse. ... S Jovante Moffatt had an interception to end practice. ... Head coach Kevin Stefanski explained that the barefoot walkthroughs are just a mental cue to help players slow things down when doing the walkthrough. ... A total of 27 puppies have been adopted at the Browns Puppy Pound at training camp this year. The Browns Puppy Pound.
7. Next Up: The Browns have an off day on Thursday. They will resume practice on Friday at 2:25 PM.