- Myles Garrett calls on his Browns teammates to step up and make the play when he’s chipped and doubled (cleveland.com) - Myles Garrett, who’s taken on an even bigger leadership role this year, challenged his teammates to step up and answer the bell when he’s chipped and double-teamed.
- Odell Beckham Jr. set to make 2021 debut vs. Bears (clevelandbrowns.com) - Odell Beckham Jr. is set to make his 2021 debut when the Browns host the Bears on Sunday. Browns coach Kevin Stefanski said Beckham, who hasn’t played since he suffered a season-ending knee injury Week 7 of the 2020 season, will be active and a part of the Browns’ offensive plans for the team’s Week 3 matchup at FirstEnergy Stadium.
- Nate Burleson envisions OBJ boosting Browns with Jarvis Landry sidelined (Beacon Journal) - When Browns star wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. talks about the importance of inspiring kids who might feel like giving up, it’s not just lip service. New co-host of “CBS Mornings” and former NFL receiver Nate Burleson and his sons, Nathaniel II, 17, and Nehemiah, 15, know Beckham is sincere when the three-time Pro Bowl selection says he believes his series of comebacks could influence youngsters to chase their football dreams despite adversity they may encounter.
- Players preach patience with struggling defense, and coordinator Joe Woods confident it will improve (Browns Zone) - The Browns aren’t disputing that the defense has been a disappointment despite the extreme makeover executed by general manager Andrew Berry in the offseason. But All-Pro defensive end Myles Garrett said it’s too early to sound the alarm.
- Ravens place four players on reserve/COVID-19 list (The Baltimore Sun) - Four Baltiore Ravens were placed on the NFL’s reserve/COVID-19 list Friday, leaving the defense short-handed for Sunday’s game against the Detroit Lions. Defensive tackle Brandon Williams, defensive end Justin Madubuike and outside linebackers Justin Houston and Jaylon Ferguson were designated Friday after missing practice.
- Nose tackle Eddie Goldman’s questionable status remains puzzling as the Chicago Bears prepare for the Cleveland Browns’ 2-headed backfield of Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt (Chicago Tribune) - Matt Nagy has said a couple of times since training camp opened that nose tackle Eddie Goldman is “rockin’ and rollin’ “, but after the Chicago Bears nose tackle missed practice Friday, it’s worth wondering if he’s instead marching to the beat of a different drummer.
- NFL reinstating Josh Gordon; WR could play in Week 4 (ESPN) - The NFL has informed wide receiver Josh Gordon that he is being reinstated, sources told ESPN’s Adam Schefter on Friday, with the former All-Pro expected to be eligible to play as early as Week 4.