NOTE: See the comments section for a list of teams taken, we need sign-ups ASAP!
It’s time for the 12th annual Dawgs By Nature Community Mock Draft, where we will collectively do a full-blown mock draft for the first round of the 2022 NFL Draft, and also the Browns’ picks through the third round. 32 picks will be open for you to become their “general manager” in the first round. There are some special stipulations as to who can sign up, so be sure to read how things will work below.
How to Sign Up
- You must be a Browns fan to sign up.
- Do not sign up unless you know you will be able to reply via email whenever you are “on the clock” within 12 hours of receiving the email, and preferably ASAP.
- To sign up, leave a comment below with the team (and pick #) you are claiming.
- After leaving a comment, you must immediately send me at email at xxx stating the team you claimed, and your DBN username.
- Here is a list of the 2022 NFL Draft order for your reference.
Special Sign-Up Notes
- NOTE 1: The Giants, Jets, Texans, Eagles, Saints, Packers, Chiefs, and Lions each have 2 first-round picks. If you select one of these teams, you must also specify which of their picks you are taking. You will only be making one of the team’s picks.
- NOTE 2: The Bears, Broncos, Browns, Dolphins, Colts, 49ers, Rams, and Raiders do not any any first round picks.
- NOTE 3: After pick #32 in the first round, we will also “jump” to pick #44 in the second round for the Browns, and the #78 pick and #99 pick in the third round. Therefore, picks #44, #78, and #99 are also available for someone to individually sign up for.
On the Clock Requirements
- When you are “on the clock,” I will send you an email. Note: you might be “on the clock” via email much sooner than the mock draft results you see on DBN. For example, if I just posted the result of the 5th overall pick to DBN, I might already be on the 10th pick via email.
- In your email response when you are “on the clock,” you will send the following:
- Position, Player, School
- A 1-2 paragraph write-up explaining the pick. This can include: why they are the right choice for that team, them being the best player available, how they fit the team’s scheme, how much of an impact you think he will have next season, etc. This is not intended to be a draft profile, so you do not need to worry about the nitty gritty details of all the strengths and weaknesses of a player.
Let the sign-ups begin!