When the Cleveland Browns and Arizona Cardinals put out their first injury report of the week, there were a lot of concerns for the home team with 18 players noted as injured with many not practicing or limited. For the Cardinals, a few players were on the list but QB Kyler Murray was listed as a full participant.
Thursday saw a big change for Cleveland but still some concerns while Murray’s practice status has changed but that might not mean much for his game status.
Here are our updates from the first list. Changes are in bold with “rest” players removed from the list:
Browns Injury Report
- David Bell - Knee - DNP
Amari Cooper - Rest/Ankle -
Myles Garrett - Rest/Shoulder -
Dawand Jones - Shoulder -
- Greg Newsome II - Groin - DNP
David Njoku - Ankle -
Za’Darius Smith - Rest/Neck -
Jedrick Wills - Foot, Ankle -
- Alex Wright - Knee - DNP
- Grant Delpit - Ankle/Shoulder - Limited
- Jerome Ford - Ankle - Limited
- Mike Ford Jr. - Glute - Limited
- Sione Takitaki - Hamstring - Limited
Anthony Walker Jr. - Shoulder -
- Deshaun Watson - Right shoulder - Limited
- Tony Fields II - Shoulder - Full
- Cameron Mitchell - Shoulder - Full
Just a ton of names which means the injury report, even though they will come late, will be vital to watch this week.
Cardinals Injury Report
- OL Trystan Colon - Calf - DNP
- RB Emari Demercado - Toe - DNP
- WR Michael Wilson - Shoulder - DNP
- LB Krys Barnes - Hamstring - Limited
- WR Greg Dortch - Ankle - Limited
- DL Kevin Strong - Shoulder - Limited
- QB Kyler Murray - Knee - Full - Listed with two dashes on Thursday
Murray is still on the PUP list and would have to be activated from that to play. Last week, Murray was also removed from the injury list but was not activated to play in Week 8.
Given Arizona’s record, it would make sense to give their franchise quarterback as much time as possible to recover before activating him. They have until next week to do so. If Murray can’t play, rookie Clayton Tune would get the start with Jeff Driskel elevated up from the practice squad as his backup.
We will have the final game designation injury report on Friday.
Which Browns injury is of most concern to you? Do you expect Murray to play this week?