Dawgs By Nature:
- Scouting Chicago’s Justin Fields and pass defense in our Q&A with Windy City Gridiron (Chris Pokorny) - This Sunday, the Cleveland Browns take on the Chicago Bears. To help preview a few topics from the Bears’ perspective, we reached out to Bill Zimmerman from Windy City Gridiron and exchanged five questions with him.
- Browns, Bears final injury report: 6 ruled out, 5 questionable between the two teams (Jared Mueller) - The Cleveland Browns had four players not participate in practice on Friday and, no surprise, those four players were ruled out for Sunday’s Week 15 matchup. On top of that, three starters are also questionable.
- Browns Schedule Week 15: Scouting the Chicago Bears (Matt Wilson) - The Chicago Bears are coming to town this weekend, and the Cleveland Browns are looking to carry over some of the success from their win over the Jacksonville Jaguars in week 14. Despite the Chicago Bears being able to find an offensive spark as of late, they still show a few big weaknesses each week.
- Browns vs. Bears: Week 15 Need to Know (Thomas Moore) - The Cleveland Browns resume their playoff push on Sunday when they take on the Chicago Bears at Cleveland Browns Stadium and fans may need a program to know who the guys are in the brown jerseys after the week that Cleveland just had.
- 3 offensive tackles the Browns could sign after loss of Jed Wills & Dawand Jones (Barry Shuck) - The Browns roster keeps getting decimated as NFL free agency doesn’t show a lot of options this late in the season.
- Browns fans’ confidence is on cloud nine again, thanks to Joe Flacco coming to the rescue (Chris Pokorny) - Who would have thought that Joe Flacco would run the offense better than anyone.
- Injury update on 2 QBs left on the Browns schedule (Jared Mueller) - The Cleveland Browns injury report this week includes four players out and three questionable but we also got news on QBs CJ Stroud and Aaron Rodgers on Friday. Cleveland travels to take on the Texans in Week 16 before welcoming the Jets in Week 17.
- 3 reasons the Browns have been able to navigate a rash of injuries (cleveland.com) - The Cleveland Browns will be in familiar territory this week, attempting to plug holes left by injuries to starters or key players across their roster. The defense got hit the hardest in this recent wave of injuries. Safety Grant Delpit is on IR. Defensive tackle Mo Hurst II is out for the season. Ogbo Okoronkwo, the third edge rusher who has played nearly as many snaps as starter Za’Darius Smith, could be lost for the season. The common NFL mantra of “next man up” is being put to the test in a big way by this Browns team.
- Cleveland Browns linebacker Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah is the NFL’s best-dressed man (ESPN) - Tapping into his Ghanaian heritage, he uses fashion to inspire others to find their identity.
- Safety dance: Browns banking on backups vs. Bears, QB Justin Fields (Browns Zone) - Chicago’s Justin Fields has a strong right arm and can throw with velocity to anywhere on the field. He’s third among NFL quarterbacks with 458 rushing yards despite missing four games with a thumb injury. One of his favorite targets is tight end Cole Kmet, who has 61 catches for 548 yards and five touchdowns. The combination would test any safety group. Let alone a short-handed one like Cleveland’s.
- Browns were ‘pretty high’ on Norton’s Tyler Scott but didn’t draft him. A reunion is next. (Beacon Journal) - Tyler Scott grew up in a house of die-hard Browns fans, watched training camp practices at team headquarters and attended games on Cleveland’s lakefront. Earlier this year, the Chicago Bears rookie wide receiver who graduated from Norton High School in 2020 would not have been the least bit surprised if his hometown Browns were to select him in April’s NFL Draft.
- Chargers fire coach Brandon Staley, GM Tom Telesco; Giff Smith is interim coach (Los Angeles Times) - The Los Angeles Chargers fired general manager Tom Telesco and head coach Brandon Staley on Friday morning, hours after an ugly loss at Las Vegas dropped their record to 5-9. Giff Smith was named interim head coach and JoJo Wooden interim general manager for the remainder of the season.
- Five plays that have defined the 2023 Kansas City Chiefs (ESPN) - The Kansas City Chiefs lead the league in dropped passes, are sixth in turnovers and first in offensive penalties and offensive penalty yardage. The Chiefs aren’t just making these mistakes at crucial times. But it does seem like it.
- Where do the NFL’s most improved teams go from here? (The Ringer) - After lackluster starts for the Green Bay Packers, Denver Broncos, Houston Texans, and more, these teams still have hopes for the playoffs. Will they make it? Or return to relative obscurity over the season’s last few weeks?
How are you feeling about Week 15 for the Browns? Around the NFL, do you like having games on Thursday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday late in the season?