Dawgs By Nature:
- Dustin Hopkins has been money for the Browns (Thomas Moore) - Veteran placekicker has brought a calming presence to the kicking game and helped the Browns in their quest for the playoffs.
- Current Browns 53-man roster and practice squad (Jared Mueller) - The Cleveland Browns take on the Chicago Bears in Week 15 but, in many ways, it is not a team that many fans recognize. The current Browns roster and practice squad is much different than we’ve seen earlier in the year so a refresher is in order.
- Browns vs. Bears: 3 things to watch in Week 15 (Curtiss Brown) - After getting back on the winning track last week, Cleveland looks to continue their winning ways this Sunday when the Chicago Bears visit in Week 15. As far as their playoff hopes go, Cleveland still controls their destiny but considering how the NFL is, the team can’t afford any slip-ups for the next couple of weeks.
- Browns elevate two from practice squad for game against the Bears (Jared Mueller) - On Saturday, the Cleveland Browns Saturday, elevated safety Tanner McCalister and linebacker Charlie Thomas III to help fill in for Juan Thornhill and Jordan Kunaszyk.
- Browns rookie Siaki Ika anxious for ‘big opportunity’ due to defensive injuries (Beacon Journal) - Siaki Ika has sat back and watched from afar as the Browns defense has been one of the league’s best through the first 13 games. The rookie defensive tackle is about to go from observer to participant.
- Browns offensive lineman has played a unique role this season, and is prepared for first start in two years (cleveland.com) - Cleveland Browns assistant offensive line coach Scott Peter can’t pick just one thing. There’s a lot to love about Nick Harris.
- Myles Garrett doesn’t regret ripping officials, hopes it helps him get more calls (Browns Zone) - Myles Garrett was penalized — fined $25,000 by the NFL — for jumping offsides with his postgame criticism of the officiating. He doesn’t regret speaking his mind.
- Burning questions for the Browns ahead of their Week 15 matchup against the Bears (clevelandbrowns.com) - With only four games left in the regular season, the Browns stand at 8-5 and are currently the fifth seed in the AFC. This week, they take on the Bears, who are 5-8 but have won three of their last four games. Here are three questions the Browns must answer on Sunday.
- Bengals lose Chase, Reader, Ivey, but hold off Vikings in OT (ESPN) - Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Ja’Marr Chase suffered a right shoulder injury that knocked him out of Saturday’s 27-24 overtime win over the Minnesota Vikings. The Bengals also lost defensive tackle DJ Reader and rookie defensive back DJ Ivey, who both suffered knee injuries during the first half of play.
- NFL fines Andy Reid, Patrick Mahomes for critical comments of officials following loss to Bills (NFL.com) - The NFL fined Kansas City Chiefs head coach Andy Reid and star quarterback Patrick Mahomes on Saturday for their critical comments on the officiating at the end of last Sunday’s loss to the Buffalo Bills, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported.
- Detroit Lions fans: The truest in America, long unnoticed by ... America (The Washington Post) - For decades piled upon decades they have dwelled in a desolate vein of fandom unique in its hopelessness and hope while the nation around them has noticed this by barely even noticing. Seldom if ever has such devotion gone so unrewarded and unacknowledged. They’re the truest fans in America by playoff arithmetic, and they seem sorely in need of an ode while loath to crave one.