Dawgs By Nature:
- Browns-Texans DraftKings Week 16 prop bets: Bet the Under on Joe Flacco’s Passing Yards (Chris Pokorny) - The Cleveland Browns are on the road to face the Houston Texans in Week 16 of the 2023 NFL season this Sunday, December 24, at 1:00 PM ET. The Browns are 3-point favorites against the Texans, according to DraftKings Sportsbook. Here are my favorite player prop bets from the Browns’ perspective in Week 16.
- Corey Bojorquez a game-changing weapon for the Browns (Thomas Moore) - The Cleveland Browns have had several unsung heroes throughout the season to help the team keep pace in the AFC playoff race. One area that has been consistent through it all has been the special teams unit under first-year coordinator Bubba Ventrone.
- Browns repeat Week 15 for Week 16: Elevate 2 defenders versus Texans (Jared Mueller) - As they did last week, the Cleveland Browns are elevating safety Tanner McCalister and linebacker Charlie Thomas III for Sunday’s game against the Houston Texans.
- Browns vs. Texans NFL Week 16 Preview and Prediction - Can Cleveland shake their 2-4 road record? (Chris Pokorny) - This Sunday, the Cleveland Browns take on the Houston Texans in Week 16. Below, we analyze a few advantages, disadvantages, and general thoughts about the two teams before getting to our predictions for the game.
- Browns training camp decision keys team’s culture according to star defender (Jared Mueller) - According to Cleveland Browns linebacker Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, the team’s culture change started in training camp when head coach Kevin Stefanski took the team away to grow the togetherness at The Greenbrier in West Virginia.
- Browns vs Texans: Houston as a simple plan for Myles Garrett (Jared Mueller) - One of the few Cleveland Browns stars not to miss multiple games this season, DE Myles Garrett is putting together a Defensive Player of the Year caliber season in 2023. So far through 14 games, Garrett has 36 tackles, 26 quarterback hits, 14 tackles for loss, 13 sacks, four forced fumbles, three pass deflections and one fumble recovery. For Week 16, the Houston Texans plan for the Browns star pass rusher, at least the one they are willing to share, is quite simple: Double teams at all times!
- Browns vs Texans: 3 key Houston players in Week 16 (Jared Mueller) - Happy holidays to those who celebrate. Happy Week 16 of the NFL season by the way. The Cleveland Browns are on a mini-winning streak, having won two straight games and will travel to Houston to take on the upstart Houston Texans on Christmas Eve. Here are three key players to watch for in the game.
- Scouting Houston’s offense without C.J. Stroud in our Q&A with Battle Red Blog (Chris Pokorny) - This Sunday, the Cleveland Browns take on the Houston Texans. To help preview a few topics from the Texans’ perspective, we reached out to Scott Barzilla from Battle Red Blog and exchanged five questions with him.
- How is the Deshaun Watson trade working for Houston so far? (Terry Pluto) - We’re coming to the end of the second season since the Browns traded six draft picks to Houston (including three first-rounders) for Deshaun Watson. The Browns play in Houston this weekend. So how is the deal working out for the Texans?
- Dustin Hopkins gets a home game as Browns go on the road, closes in on a Jim Brown record (Beacon Journal) - Dustin Hopkins didn’t get to kick in the nicest conditions the last two weeks in home games for the Browns. Now, he’s going to get a real “home” game on Sunday when they go to play the Houston Texans.
- Browns at Texans storylines, and how they might turn out (cleveland.com) - The Browns will need to be on the lookout for Santa’s sleigh as they head to Houston for a Christmas Eve showdown. Here are three storylines to know ahead of the game, plus predictions on how I think each will turn out.
- Deshaun Watson says recovery from shoulder surgery ‘right on track’ (Browns Zone) - A month removed from season-ending shoulder surgery, Deshaun Watson is encouraged by the progress. “Everything is right on track,” he said Saturday in his first interview since the surgery Nov. 21. “Everything is going just how we wanted to do this past month and the shoulder is feeling really, really good. So just going to continue to work at it one day at a time and take it from there.”
- The case for and against Sam Howell remaining Commanders’ QB (ESPN) - The projection changes by the week. For a while, Sam Howell looked like the clear quarterback of the future for the Washington Commanders. Lately, it has become less clear. And it has led to questions about what his role will be after this season.
- Five-round 2024 NFL mock drafts for all 32 teams (PFF) - The 2024 NFL Draft is fast approaching. As more and more teams are eliminated from playoff contention, fans and front offices alike will move their focus from the glory of the Lombardi Trophy to the hope of a successful draft. Over the last several weeks, PFF has started to map out the NFL draft landscape, mocking the first five rounds for a number of teams with the help of the PFF mock draft simulator.
- No indication Jets owner Woody Johnson will move on from HC Robert Saleh, GM Joe Douglas after season (NFL.com) - It appears that Aaron Rodgers is going to get his wish. No, not to play again this season — but regarding who will be coaching him for the 2024 regular season. Sources say there is no indication that New York Jets owner Woody Johnson will make a change in the team’s leadership following the end of the 2023 season, a signal that both head coach Robert Saleh and general manager Joe Douglas will be back next year.